Android Auto

Hello,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the best Android Auto unit would be for the 2008 Micra?
Nissan-Micra_2008_Hecbeks_15113094623_18.jpg

This is the current system that is in at the moment and i'm wanting to upgrade it so it has a android auto unit instead of the standard unit. Anyone know of any good Android Auto units that would fit?

Thanks,
Dylan Hay

Looks like you should be able to install any two-din sized head unit either directly or with a simple fascia plate. This means that pretty much any commercially available Android Auto head unit will fit.

While I don't have one myself, I have heard good things about Sony's line of touchscreen head units in the past. But it's best to do your own research.

I am looking at kenwood and JVC/Sony to replace mine shortly, but my choice will depend on which wiring harness adaptor I can source to couple the unit up easiest.:unsure:

Don’t know where you’re based but any of them should have ISO plugs in Europe at least. If you want to avoid extra wiring, don’t go with Kenwood (or some JVC United) as their steering wheel remote signals are connected by a wire, not a jack like most other brands.

the micra steering wheel controls are 3 wire (1 common 2 sensor). I haven't put one in yet but I think an additional resistor on one wire to change the return voltage to the head unit should allow the sensor wires to be connected and work as a two wire system assuming the headunit you get has a function for setting up input voltage/resistance.
the head unit shown above is a Blaupunkt which used it's own plugs, you will need a converter, but they are readily available online, you will have to do a little bit of wiring to keep the steering wheel controls as they are on a separate plug.

Back