Amp / Sub not working

B

badmatt

In the boot I have the Sub and Amp and they are both screwed down to a peice of MDF, however, this MDF still manages to move around a little bit. Earlia on I went over a violent speed bump I heard the wood in the boot jump. Since then i've had no bass.

The power light on the amp doesn't go on or even flicker so im guessing just jar'd (spelling!) one of the leads out of place but I havent had time to look yet. Just wondering if it's not the leads what else it could be?

Matt

Is your power cable still screwed in and contacted to the metal? Or maybe you've pulled your earth off?

if it's not a loose cable then you may have put stress on the RCAs and they have split somewhere inside the wire.

You probably want to bolt it down....

Well I checked the fuses and there all okay so im assuming that it's the wires as NeX said or the Amp is broken. Is there anyway to check if the amps broken? If I was to get my hands on a multimeter would it tell me if the cables are broken or not?

Matt

yep, set the multimeter to read 12v (usually the 20v setting) and put it on the 12v red cable going to the amp and the other wire to anything metal. if nothing happens to the meter then the red wire is broken if you do get 12v then check the black eath wire. if 12v is coming across the red and black wires then you have a broken amp....

The amp light would still come on even if the RCA leads got broken.

If one of the power wires hasnt come loose, then it sounds like an internal connection in the amp has cracked/been damaged.

Always screw stuff down.

Back