Amp mounting

Robert

Ex. Club Member
I got 2 subs and an amp for christmas, my plan is to build a false floor with a sub either side of the boot in fibreglass boxes, which leaves me with mounting the amp..

I could mount it to the false floor, or the back of the seats, but I often have stuff in the boot, ie a bike..

What can i do to protect the amp?

One idea I had was to mount it under the false floor in the spare wheel space, would it need cooling if i was to mount it there (and how would i go about this)? Would I encounter any problems with it being upside down?

Cheers Y'all and hope everyone had a good christmas :)

Putting it behind 10mm perspex is probably the only answer, but yes it will need fan cooling, with considerations given to cool air in and out.

Looking at the amp, I'm not sure it'l fit in the wheel well anyway!

I could make up a box to cover it just when there's stuff in the boot i guess..

I have 3 amps in my K11 wheel well....total of over 2kwrms and they've been fine. I use 4 small 6cm fans to move some air over them, and then have some ventilation gaps either side of the boot false floor to get the air flowing through :). It's tight but works perfectly fine, I then have a remote temperature sensor to monitor them:

DSC00655Small.jpg

The two on the left are strapped together (electrically speaking) and are designed to be mounted like that to one another.

I'd be mounting it upside down, if it would fit in the wheel well, will that give me any problems as long as it's cooled?

Back