alloys?

Simonh

Midlands Rep
went to motorworld and looked at some alloys and they guy said there that if i bought them with 195/45/15 tyres then the car could not be lowered? but i swear ive seen people with 15s on low profile tyres with low suspension??

I always thought if you lowered 195/45/15's were the way to go, so less chance of it catching. I have 195/50/15s not lowered tho so cant tell for sure

lol will be funny to see there faces when i ask to see someone who knows....also what are the offsets limits and why does it matter?

offset are how far into or out of the arch it is. get it wrong and it will rub on inside or outside of arch.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm going for a set of coilovers which should not be restricted by wheels that stick out. Does anyone the difference in cm between a 42 offset wheel and a 35 offset wheel?

No surprise that someone from motorworld doesn't know what they are talking about.........

As an example my OZ SL's are 15x7.0 ET37. You will see some variation typically between 35 and 42 offsets. Also you'll find some 15's that are 15x6.5 or 15x7.0. I'd err towards 35 as the wheels will fill the arches a little more.....subtle but nice.

Go here for an explanation on wheel offsets. http://www.raceandroad.com/offset.asp

Yes, if they don't then ask to speak to someone who knows what they're talking about.

so turn arround and walk out. go somewhere thats been trained by Rimstock, Motorsport wheels, Wolfrace, etc etc..

come see me..lol

seriously, my cars on 35mm spacers, got a rough gestimate of 45mm lowered and is on 195/45/15 tyres.....and is fine even when i was carrying 3 people...fwn

i mean nis has 16's and lowered a shed load...

Back