airbag problems

P

panelman

Hi, I have recently brought a V Reg (2000) Micra Profile. The steering wheel airbag needs replacing, the airbag module, and the seatbelt pre tensioners. Does any one know where I can get these parts, and do they all have to come out of the same car if I buy them from a breaker, or can say the module come out one car and the belts from another, and airbag yet from another different car.
Thanks for any info

If the system is anything like the ones that are uses on Renault, then it really needs to be done by a dealer as the airbag system needs to be locked to prevent detonation when replacing the computer, pretensioners and airbags themselves - Fordy will confirm this as he works at a dealership mate

Daz

hmm never tried first hand using parts from 3 different vehicles but i dont see why they wont work the control units arent coded in anyway so it should be ok, you might have to get the system checked to be on the safe side to make sure everything is ok

i have a steering wheel airbag and possibly a controll unit for sale? though this will need taking to nissan once fitted to have the airbag light removed (i turned the ignition on when no airbag connected, that's all)
as far as i'm aware, k11 don't have seatbelt pre-tensioners, unless they are built into the seatbelt coil? if so then raceworx has the passenger side seatbelt f/s. not sure if he kept the driver's side.

Back