Flashing airbag led - error code B1059

Hi,

Has anyone suffered the dreaded flashing airbag led with code B1059? Is there a reasonable chance it can be resolved by a better quality garage tool than the Carista OBD2 device I have or am I looking to replace the airbag module? I had the console out today and cannot see any obvious damage to the wiring loom or the unit itself, so - I'm feeling pessimistic.

If I need to replace the airbag module, will a non-crashed module from another 3 door, petrol K12 model be a suitable replacement? The workshop manual gives no guidance though there's also no indication the units are coded to the car...

can always try this mate, i had the same problem, you can also try and check under your passenger seat, apparently that’s a problem with 3 door micras

OP
OP
MattP79
can always try this mate, i had the same problem, you can also try and check under your passenger seat, apparently that’s a problem with 3 door micras

Thanks. I had tried that and it had been successful for a few minutes until it came back. I paid a local garage to clear the fault but the B1059 error couldn't be cleared. I bought an airbag module on eBay from a breakers which luckily was the same model despite coming from a five year older 5 door Micra (98820 BC500 / "Y"). I followed the process in the workshop manual for replacing it and job done! Self-test OK - no errors!