Air Horns

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Hi guys

Im trying to add air horns to my car but im having difficulty! I believe ive followed the instructions correctly however they do not work

There's a relay with 4 connectors

One connector goes to a 30A fuse, which goes to the batteries Positive connector
One goes to the 12V 'air pump' positive
One goes to the Horn switch inside the car
And the other is an earth, which ive connected to the bolt which holds the bumper on. There's also an earth on the air pump, which i've connected to the same bolt

Now, my original horn works but this one doesnt. I cant provide pictures of the work i've done, however i've got one of the instructions

18.horn-wiring.jpg

Does it sound like i've connected it up all ok? If so, i'l re check the wiring. There's quite a bit of it though

Cheers people

i havent heard it do anything mate. is it meant to make noise or something even tho im not pressing the horn button?

Sorry to hijack the thread but have you thought of the vinyls for the side aswell Arnold ;)

Attachments

• General Arnold.jpg
    General Arnold.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 320
Arnold said:
i havent heard it do anything mate. is it meant to make noise or something even tho im not pressing the horn button?
Disconnect the original horn and follow this relay diagram View attachment 5072 it should work then.
The compressor should spin when the horn button is pressed only.

the diagram you get with the instructions makes you bypass original horn. You can either tap into the neutral for the horn and connect this to the realy so when the horn gets some power some of it goes to the relay at the same time.

Or you can fit a kill switch so u can choose between the horn and the dixie horns.

i had air horn on my car was great fun scaring school kids and making people jump out the way ROLF!

scottish-sr said:
Sorry to hijack the thread but have you thought of the vinyls for the side aswell Arnold ;)

Not like those thats for sure!!

Cheers for the wiring diagram n stuff. I'l have another look at it later! Think i'l get some new wire and start again :)

Hmm, well i thought i did everything right, i cant work out where i've gone wrong! Pete if i came over one evening, do you think you'd have two mins to fix my mistakes!! - I'l buy ya a beer or two

:)

Yeah im gonna give that a go! Also, pete's given me some instructions on msn on setting up the switch correctly and ignoring the existing one :)

Woohoo!! got them working. Think my earth's were crap, along with most of the wiring actually! Bought a whole load of nice thicker cable, started from scratch and its complete :)

Cheers retepetsir for your assistance on msn

Layla said:
dont you dare put that crap on my baby alan arnold!

Too late! infact you've just reminded me the compressor & relay are still hanging off so i need to go screw it back on!

arnold,dont worry bud, ive got air horns on mine, the day you pop over i'll show you mine.

see you soon mate.

stu

Back