After Welding - Only some electrics. Fuses?

...knew it was too good to be true....a job running well! :(

Put two new sills on & a few floor patches. All good and for once some decent welding....all blacked up hammerite a treat.

Just came to start it .... starts great, got main beam, but no sides, no indicators, no hazards, no wipers. Think some form of fuse damage might have been done? Not sure.

Battery was all disconnected but something affecting those items, maybe more. Cannot imagine it to be all the internal fuses but possible. Anywhere else I should be looking? Any pointers or ideas would be hugely welcome....heavy rain predicted tomorrow and keen get it in the garage....well 2 wishbones & wheels get on maybe I just might.

Many thanks in advance MSC heros.

Hi Davyboy.....you know what, the oddest thing. I just dropped it off axle stands to stuff in the garage (yep 22.00 and still going) and when I started it, everything fired up fine!!!!

As well as welding, I did a respray and clear coat and I'm wandering if something got over sprayed? Bit thin I know but it all just jumped up!

One thing that does spring to mind (and this sounds nuts) but during the respray, I took the battery out and rust treated and painted the tray.....and (cringe) I put the battery in the wrong way round!!!! I wander if something got knocked out of sync as a result of that?

Anyway lights and dash all jumping around lovely EXCEPT......now I have an AIRBAG warning light on that was not there before. Anyone have a procedure to reset that? Would be great if I could find that.

Cheers

There is a thing some try to reset it ...use the search function buddy.
Myself I just take the bulb out - works every time ...lol
And - it's only an advisory on the MOT with no light.;)

I blew the 65amp PAL fuse! Think I connected the battery wrong way round even if only for a second....a senior moment think it's called. Anyway changed this and the lights and electrics all came back and the airbag warning disappeared.....a happy day and an MOT later!!!! Cheers Davyboy

I blew the 65amp PAL fuse! Think I connected the battery wrong way round even if only for a second....a senior moment think it's called. Anyway changed this and the lights and electrics all came back and the airbag warning disappeared.....a happy day and an MOT later!!!! Cheers Davyboy
HA HA senior moment - know all about them.
Went for a prescription the other day, the chemist asked me my name .....I forgot what I was called :eek:
And I've been called David for 65 years ....that's a senior moment ...lol

Back