Advice please!

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
I drive micra k11 manual. Took it on the highway last few days going at 100+km for about 15-20 mins, when i got off the highway into city driving the engine seem to idle pretty high about 2500-3000 rpm. After about 10 mins or so of stop start city driving the engine then idle normally. I even try putting the car into 4th gear without pressing on the accelerator and the car just cruise steadily at 40km. However after another highway driving i pull over and stop the engine and start it again then it idle normally.
Is that normal for micra to behave that way?
cheers

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
maybe sticking IAV on the TB? give it a good clean then adjust the idle speed screw.
make sure the throttle butterfly fully closes when u release the throttle.

CMF_Red Menace

» CMF Member
I had that with a bad throttle body. It led to the engine boiling over, very abruptly. Changed the head gasket (symptoms seemed to match) but the problem only went away with a new TB.

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
I can do it just kinda need to know what is required as this is my only car to get about so if i take it apart cant really go any where so just need to know wat is required thats all

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
philips screwdriver & sockets to remove airbox & disassemble TB

allen key bit on a socket extension with torque wrench to unbolt the TB from the manifold.

needle nose pliers to unclip the coolant hoses off (maybe something to plug the hose off too)

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
yep, TB off, good clean, spray carb cleaner at the sensors, check throttle moves freely, adjust throttle position sensor till the resistance is within spec, take off the front idle control solenoid valve for a thorough clean, resolder the TB electronics if ur up for it, reassemble then check idle speed.

nothing to replace.

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
isnt there a gasket between the tb and the manifold? does that need to be replace? also carb cleaner? i is that ok i read somewhere that said it actually destroy the sensor or am i wrong
cheers

Back