Advice on clutch change

CMF_derfaus

» CMF Member
Hi people

I am about to change the clutch and pressure plate on my k11 but have not done one in ages and never an east west motor.

Can any one point me in the right direction with some hints or even where i can find a guide online somewhere.

Thanks in advance for your help
Mark

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
Hi Mark, They are fairly easy to do, you have to pull out the battery and battery tray, disconnect the drive shafts, crossmember underneath which holds the gear linkage and engine mounts, the gearbox mount has to come off, make sure you brace the engine as it will put too much stress on the driver side engine mount when everything is diconnected. Then bell housing bolts starter etc....

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
i took my driveshaft out as i was replacing mine. Did the clutch a new radiator and two brand new drive shafts in about 4.5hours on a hoist and i am far from a mechanic so it is not hard to do.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
plenty of beer.

you can do anything with half a carton in ya.

please note though this might turn a day job with average tools and 1 assistant into a good weekend long task. So you're going to need at least 2 cartons of piss

Yom WROTE:

"plenty of beer.<BR><BR>you can do anything with half a carton in ya.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>please note though this might turn a day job with average tools and 1 assistant into a good weekend long task. So you're going to need at least 2 cartons of piss

haha, one person can do it in 4 hours in and out.. if you've got chris helping you, you'll need a set of taps and yeh... a weekend lol.

Yom WROTE:

"chris and i work on the theory of do it once do it right. ;)

bahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... is that why almost everything on my car was stripped or cross threaded? power steering rack was held in with 3 1/2 bolts lol, 4th one wound in as far as it could be on a 30' angle... and anything else touched FT... Finger Tight

Back