Advice needed on fitting 13cm speakers in K10 front doors

bigyellowsub

Club Member (Trial)
I need advice on fitting 13cm speakers to front doors on my K10. I noticed that the metal cutout is 11cm. Most 13 cm speakers could fit in that hole but stick out a bit. Has anyone fitted 13cm speakers to a K10? If so how did you do it? Iv been thinking about trying those Autoleads speaker spacers. I havn't brought any speakers yet but don't really want to get 10cms. Not as loud :(

the k10 doorcards allready have a 13cm hole notched in (u will se what i mean when u take the card off) i fitted alpine speakers with no problems when fitted ontop of the doorcard.

link to speakers.
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2987&cadid=f8b05fb15573013ed5d365717adf1c59

you wont get any speakers in bigger than these alpine ones as the window only just misses

you will need some grilles for those speakers i got mine from maplins 6" fine grille £1.49 , the grills look very good!

hope ive made some sence :/ lol :p

Adios
Timbo

Or make an MDF baffle, cover it in carpet, mount that to the door card then mount the speakers to the mdf = ability to fit bigger speakers!

Retepetsir said:
Or make an MDF baffle, cover it in carpet, mount that to the door card then mount the speakers to the mdf = ability to fit bigger speakers!

Did that yesterday mate! now got 17cm pioneers in the fronts, and they combined with the back, are sounding awesome!! .. cuts out when i go round corners though so got a dodgey connection somewhere.

Thanxs for that advice people!
Iv since crafted out some wood templates and they fit well. Havent installed the speakers but before I do im gunna carpet them like Retepetsir said. Guess that should stop vibration and all. Cheers

Back