Adjusting Speedomiter

CMF_my_micra000

» CMF Member
I have just brought the most amazing set of 15" alloys off ebay, however using the tyre calculator thing that was posted a while ago, they would make my speedomiter 5% out: just wondering, if anyone knows if it is possible to adjust the speedo to suit new wheels or if i just have to remember that im going 5mph faster than it says i am!
thanks

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
remember, to slow down..... Huh?

the speedo on the micra is (I think) mechanical so there is no electronics to adjust it.... another way is to pull the binnacle surround off and drive beside/behind a mate with an acurate speedo and mark where the 40, 50, 60 mph marks are and put a white tipped marker dot on the speedo face. (or go to a bit of trouble and make a template up in MS Publisher (or your favourite desk top publishing program)) then double sided tape it onto the speedo face....(might be harder than that but nothing was meant to be easy)

and when your finished, I'm sure a bunch of people would like some white dials too..... do some Kph ones......

One day I was gunno do this but hasn't been high on the 'LIST'

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yes it is mechanical. But the VDO speedos used by sunderland plant can actually be recalibrated (the VDO service centre near me said so). Not as easy as electronic speedos but it is possible. The Japanese mechanical speedo clusters cannot be recalibrated though.

I wouldnt worry as 5% isnt an awful lot. Just be careful and slow down if your speedo is showing a slower speed than you're actually travelling.

Back