ABS

Hi, need to replace the nearside driveshaft on my 1999 1.0 inspiration but not sure if it has ABS ? When did they introduce it ? Also will I have to top up transmission fluid once shaft is out and replaced ? And is it straight forward job getting it out of the tranny ?
Any advice appreciated thanks
Chris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'll have a large abs pump on the left with a fair few brake pipes coming and going

Most likely need topping up as it'll pour out once the shaft os removed

Totally depends on you mechanical ability :) I'd say it's fairly straightforward

Thanks mate, I'll check as soon as on that. To replace the trans fluid do I have to go through the speedo cable as that's what I did on my last one which was n reg as my new one is v reg ?

Best off draining the gb oil first, or you'll make a hell of a mess. Worth sticking new oil in too as I guarantee its never been changed.

Hi, need to replace the nearside driveshaft on my 1999 1.0 inspiration but not sure if it has ABS ? When did they introduce it ? Also will I have to top up transmission fluid once shaft is out and replaced ? And is it straight forward job getting it out of the tranny ?
Any advice appreciated thanks
Chris.

if you jack it high enough you wont lose any oil chris, and yours will have a level plug behind the rad :)

Thanks for that. Guess it's time to have some fun as I'm jacking it up come Friday day off. Just hope shaft comes out without to much swinging on a recking bar!

Back