running rough and sluggish

hi everyone im new to the club so please bear with me ,my micra 1.3 inspiration cut out on me and the rac guy said my dizzy was knackered ,i got one of ebay that had been on the car 10 minutes so nearly new the nissan product number was the same as on my own dizzy so i bought it ,changed the dizzy after marking it for the dizzy to go back in the same position and it started and ran fine ,then it started running sluggishly and missing ,had it at the garge who made sure the timing was correct but could not solve the problem or find the fault as they did not have the diagnostic equipment for the micra ,could the dizzy be the wrong one if it is off a 1.0 litre micra ,i have also unhooked the electrics on the throttle body airflow sensor as i was told if it was faulty the car would run right and then i would know to replace it ,it didnt ,im at a loss at the moment and the car is booked in monday for a diagnostics test to see if it can find the problem ,before the dizzy went the car ran perfectly ,its a low mileage 1999 inspiration model on 45000 miles ,any advice/help would be appreciated ,cheers

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
I'm no expert but does anyone else think this could be the throttle body problem?

Good luck with sorting it (Y)

frank

Club Member
it will run rough and sluggish with the maf disconnected dazgal (i think that trick only applies to the later bosch coilpack throttle bodies, when the maf has failed)

OP
OP
D
ok thanks shaun and frank much appreciated ,so i should still try a new airflow switch as it was the company on ebay who sells them that suggests unhooking the wiring so you can find out if it runs right unhooked ,also im wondering why the throttlebody would start giving me problems as there were none before i changed the dizzy,could any of the other sensors/switches on the throttlebody cause this problem as on other forums there have been mentions of the coolant temp switch and the lamda sensor ,could it be a over/under fueling problem caused by the dizzy being the wrong one as i dont know if theres a difference between the 1.0 and the 1.3 ,cheers for your advice ,much appreciated ,the car will be going on a diagnostics tomorrow so maybe i will have my answer and a empty wallet by then lol