A Quick Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
......hello

I have just bought a little Micra this evening as a replacement for very recently dead work run around. Its a 1997 1.0 Micra Shape with 53000 miles on the clock. I got it from an old man who's loved it for 8 years for £500 with 6 months tax and a full MOT.

Its probably the slowest car I have ever owned (my other car is a 2004 Octavia VRS!!) but we'll have do something about that.

So is my micra a K11? and how can I get started on simple tuning like cams, exhausts etc and better suspension for cheap???

hi and yeah u have a k11 and u should be able to find tons out by reading the threads on the site mate

it is a K11, Janspeed do a complete system and manifold for them that releases a good few horspower, improved airflow will help as well, 1.3 cams also fit that release a bit more power, then of course instead of adding to the car, try taking stuff away, lightening is the cheapest performance mod there is.

Yeah, I've just done a bit of searching and found the info about the 1.3 cams. Its sat on the piddliest little wheels too so i think I will be looking for some super S wheels and suspension, I guess this will be a good idea and a straight swop??

I would have gone for something faster in the first place but this seemed just too good an offer to pass up.

Yeah, I've just done a bit of searching and found the info about the 1.3 cams. Its sat on the piddliest little wheels too so i think I will be looking for some super S wheels and suspension, I guess this will be a good idea and a straight swop??

I would have gone for something faster in the first place but this seemed just too good an offer to pass up.

super s wheels are steelies, you'll be wanting sr wheels mate, and funny how every one staes they hasd a faster car b4 the micra lol, i had an audi 90 2.3 20v qauttro lol, the micra is infectious, in the process of a 1.6 conversion. where are u from by the way???

super s wheels are steelies, you'll be wanting sr wheels mate, and funny how every one staes they hasd a faster car b4 the micra lol, i had an audi 90 2.3 20v qauttro lol, the micra is infectious, in the process of a 1.6 conversion. where are u from by the way???

I've had all the typical boy racer specials in my time and currently have a modded VRS at 220 bhp, so I am losing about 160 bhp with this micra compared to it!

My wife finds it very funny that I now have a micra too, and I have'nt fallen in love with yet but I'll give it time, and a few mods! I'm not bother about alloys, just something wider and fatter ( no jokes!)

I'm from a village nearest Hull, but get about alot with work, no where near you though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back