hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Micra

hello

im a new member here, have been following for a while but didn't get round to registering till now.

used to own a E Reg Micra box shape, i believe a k10?? now in micra box shape k10 heaven.

looking to buy the newest shape micra brand new from a dealership.
budget is £8000 but looking to get one thats not basic, it has to have some luxuries in it.

well thats all i can think of for now.

have a nice day

Ronie

Welcome to the club!!

What happened to the K10 for it to end up in micra heaven!? lol

hello Arnold.

thanks.

Rust got the better of it, failed MOT, was a safety hazard, as it hadnt been looked after by my previous owner.

It needed new steering rack, shocks where totally devasted, exhaust had a leak (sounded quite nice to be honest), and was told the windscreen wasnt safe and needed replacing. As you can imagine, to get those things fixed would of cost more than the value of the car. so it had to be let down. sorry.

which is why ive decided to buy a new micra, as i dont want the hassle of MOTS, trouble free motoring for 3 years.

Trouble free motoring and the K12.. do they go together?

Im not an expect on that car however i do believe they have there faults. Check the K12 section and im sure you'l get to know them a little bit better!

As for the K10, good decision on scrapping her by the sounds of things. Sounds like an absolute wreck!! The exhaust does sound better when its blowing to some degree - until it snaps in two!! I had to have mine changed last month as it did just that

Hi, welcome to the site :)

If you're looking for something with a bit of poke (It's slighty higher than your budget but it's a good car), the 160SR (1.6 engine, 110bhp) for £9,995 OTR :)

Arnold ive read about some problems with the K12, but hopefully whatever problems arise, the 3 year warranty should cover that. Im hoping to replace my cars every 3 years for new ones anyway so i guess i should be ok.

also bearing in mind some of the bad things about the k12, I was also considering the new Toyota Yaris. I know that the old ones were rated quite highly.

thanks James, 160Sr sounds promising, but im afraid its a car I would be sharing with my kid sister, only jus passed her test, so insurance would be quite high i would have fort. im 23 as it is.

thanks

Micra said:
Arnold ive read about some problems with the K12, but hopefully whatever problems arise, the 3 year warranty should cover that. Im hoping to replace my cars every 3 years for new ones anyway so i guess i should be ok.

also bearing in mind some of the bad things about the k12, I was also considering the new Toyota Yaris. I know that the old ones were rated quite highly.

thanks James, 160Sr sounds promising, but im afraid its a car I would be sharing with my kid sister, only jus passed her test, so insurance would be quite high i would have fort. im 23 as it is.

thanks
You would think the insurance would be high, but it's not that bad actually - It's group 6 with a thatcham cat 2 alarm system, and if I were to get one it would be £200 cheaper to insure than my K11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back