A question on rear window demiter

Hello everybody,

I noticed the day that 5 lines from the bottom and lines from the top of the rear window demisters not is not working.

Is it possible to repair it? If yes how?

Regards

The lines are small copper lines carrying current to heat the screen up

It is possible to repair it. There are various kits on the Internet to do this

Very many thanks h701micra and alpina,

The next questions are:

1 Do I have trace it or can I see the broken bit with nicked eye?

2 Can I buy the silver pen in supper stores like Asda, B&Q etc?
3 Any silver pen will do or it is special kind? What are they called ?

Regards

Best thing to do is have the car running and swith on the rear demister Switch, have a kettle of boilling water and steam the rear window! (Ffs don't burn yourself in the process), use a blck felt tip to mark to point to point where its broken and use some cleaner I.e petrol, parafin, afterhave just to clean up the broken area! Mask under the lines and above the lines so basically when you pant the lines it won't look botched up!! Nice and neat, let to dry and then re-test! You should find the paint in the auto factors shop or definetly should find in halfords!! The pen is a special conductive pen that dries! You maybe able to get it in paint brush format that maybe better as long as you mask the galss away from the broken tracks as said!! Its easy to do, the only thing that may take time is masking it carefully!

J

I use a volt meter to diagnose breakages in the rear heated window strips.
The lines on the window will conduct with the 2 points of your volt meter. So I switch it round to the mode that beeps when both ends are connected.
Then I just touch the lines on the window and can quickly find breaks :)

Back