A Number Of Problems...Clutch, Ticking Noise and oil light :(

firstly i have a horrible grufting ticking noise at certain revs, The oil light keeps popping on and im constantly topping the oil up its not leaked on to the drive though and it doesnt smoke anymore then it should..Could the noise be related to low oil? I'm going to rip it all apart in the next few weeks to change the clutch as its really slipping now normal driving is getting hard...Is the clutch a massive job? I borrowed my sisters haynes manual...(its crap) They reckon you have to take fuse box air intake brake caliper drive shaft the lot off...Anyway my dizzy came off as said in a previous post..Could my ticking be coming from there? Arghh the super s has let me down, i haven't washed it for a while now because im showing it my anger with it...Haha...Any help feedback on simular problems will help guys!!

Didn't think about that....How would i check this? remove sump?? its having a full service when i do the clutch in the start of the new year so i dont mind pulling the sump off aswell!! lol

is it a growling noise if you hold the revs at about 3 or 4k ? and a clutch is very straight forward/typical front wheel drive job :)

Its more of a ticking noise and i cant locate it and its really not a nice noise it is around 3 to 4k though!! and yeah i sort of expected it to be off with the driveshaft pull apart the gearbox replace the clutch boom....lol

sounds a bit serious to me, rodknock is more of clacking sound really, but if all the crank journals are worn its more of a growl.
and i lower my g/box down a bit to do a clutch (starter/shafts etc in situ) but the later/bigger g/box would,nt drop down on ash,s k11, and we changed the clutch in the 6" gap that we opened up (twas surprisingly easy !)

Yeah its like clack clack clack clack clack clack change gear and its ok, then into the revs clack clack clack clack clack...but fast thats why i discribed it as ticking lol.....I changed a clutch on my nova 3years ago and helped with a clutch on my mates vts Ax so im just going on them too lol im usually fairly nice to my clutches but the super s was suprisingly quick and with a little clutching it really shifted and now im here wth this problem haha!!!

Back