a little help if you please

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
i have a week off in march during which i would like to smooth the boot on my k12 however before then i need to move the boot switch to open the boot to a different location now ideally i`d like to have it so i just have to push/tap the rear wiper and it opens for which i would`ve thought i`d need a rubber washer to give the wiper arm a bit of travel and a momentary push switch behind to send the right signal to the lock i can isolate the boot from the front of the car so someone can`t open it whilst i`m stuck in traffic anyone have any ideas if this will work or any tips on how to make it work properly i`m after a very discrete solution without any drilling the boot etc

I had the idea of fitting a magnetic switch for the solenoid in mine, so you could use a magnet that could be attached to your keys that you place over the switch that's hidden inside the tailgate, the metal plate or ball bearing or whatevers in the switch gets pulled and touches the contacts completing the circuit, the thickness of the tailgate metal could be a problem though. I ended up getting a remote central locking kit which has a button for the boot so I didn't bother.

Wiper arm idea sounds interesting though, could be tricky trying not to set it off by accident if you operate the wiper, maybe you could incorporate a timer so you have to hold it for at least 3 seconds or so?

theres an option on the k12 where you can deadlock the passenger door and boot whilst keeping the drivers door unlocked i was thinking this would prevent accidental opening

like your idea with the magnet though :)

Back