A Future Project.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
I went over to see Errol from DATRATS today. Just to collect some stuff. I took both the cars over and he was very impressed with how my car looked and ran for 302,000.

He is very keen on the Micras and although not working on stuff now is a wealth of information. He very much advocates improving the engines with the components they have and just gong for better breathing and exhaust. Bearing in mind that could be going as far as a $2,000 head job.

Anyway just picked up a few things compliments of Dave Ex Family Hack. A dismantled engine, gearbox, just a few other bits and pieces,,,,,, oh yeah, ,and an SC12 Supercharger with overhaul kit. hehehh. Thanks DAVE.

Mychael

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
So envious. Though I was under the impression datrats didn't do micra stuff anymore. If they do I'd definitely be interested in a lightened flywheel sometime in the future.

Can't wait to see how the SC12 goes :)

---dens

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Errol, is not in the tuning business anymore. Though he still has the knowledge and the contacts.
He was holding stuff for Dave which I inherited when I purchased "Family Hack".

Dave had negleted to inform me about the blower. He thought it would be a "nice surprise" UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!. VERY nice surprise. !!!!

Having said that it needs overhaul, the parts are there but it will be a project for down the track. I cannot use it on either of my current Micras as it will not fit with airconditioning.

I'll cost getting it overhauled first then make a decision from there.

Mychael

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Solarice - Thanks heaps for that link. Will give them a call, might very well be the people to do it. I'm guessing they do a similar thing and use the ring gear of the standard flywheel and use the CNC'd alu centre which they make up. Hate to ask, but how much did it set you back?

---dens

Back