A funny comment

cisco

» CMF Member
Spotted some comments that <a href="http://forum.nissanexa.com/showthread.php?t=31262&page=2">this guy</a> wrote on nissanexa.com.

Pretty spot on and pretty funny. No, it wasn't me who he was replying to, but some other poor exa guy experiencing a few problems all at the same time. I love how he sums it all up:

"haha.....man i know how u feel..... one thing after another....you save and fix one thing, drive up the street........and WTF is that noise...... oh **** need cv joints, bushers, engine reco, power steering rack, aircon need gassing, brake hoses, paints fading, suspension is fvked, lights dont work, rear tail light screwed, clicker box stuffed, gearbox is crunchin in 3rd, oh **** no reverse gear, whats that squeaking, oh crap my interior light is stuffed cant read my map, tyres are bald and defective, oh crap why can't i start the car??, must be the battery oh no its the alternator...more $$$$$$.......hmmm geez petrol is expensive, oh **** i lost my job...car is off the road..............might kill myself....

lol.....everyone who can't afford to keep these sorts of cars maintained and on the road has the same problems.......

we are all enthusiasts and can't stand the thought of driving a reliable 1.3L charade that does 0-100 in 10 minutes but lasts forever cos its in ur blood, u wanna go as quick as u can and look good as u can for as little as you can.......receipe for disaster...!!!!
"

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Oh how true, but what fun!!
Push the enveloppe, push the enveloppe.
Could never imagine me driving around in any car that was bog stock standard uless it was like a Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari etc but even then reckon could find something to fiddle around with.
Cars were born to be modded, improved and put your own character on em.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah spot on I agree.

A really funny thing happened yesterday. I was in the garage bolting on the front wheels almost finished etc. I was sitting on a milk crate doing it. I just had old tracksuit pants on while I was doing the work. I had my wallet, house keys, and fairmont keys all in my right hand pocket.

I'm tightening up a wheel nut and I hear this plonk rattle. I go hmm what was that?? Look to my right, the oil drain pan is sitting right flush next to the milk crate that I'm sitting on. The entire contents of my pocket including wallet slid out quietly into the pan full of dirty old oil.

At first I thought it was only my metal keys, no big deal. Then I saw the wallet floating in it. Wallet ruined, expensive leather present. All contents and cards soaked. A couple of things wer ruined, but could wipe the plastic ones fine.

I thought, oh that's just a crack up. No point getting angry, I have both my legs and am healthy and noone's looking like dieing. So I'm happy, but what a crack up. I wanted to cry at first, but then I just laughed.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
gee cisco, you had me rolling :p let me guess, aweful gearbox oil was in the sump? gawd that stuff stinks. laughter is the best medicine for sure :D

These annoying rattles, like i fix two, and a few days later i've got two completely different ones. Oh and that stone in tyre ticking noise beside your head, is back again, darn window rubber making/breaking contact on the glass,

darn cars hey,

Alex

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
What is that ticking noise beside your head. Get it in Hack from time to time , never in Whitey.
Cisco now has a pre oiled slippery wallet and as he owns a Micra the money never stays in it long, now even shorter.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Oh so true.

However,
The other day i tried solving a couple rattling issues (dash rattle, gearstick rattle) and a funny engine noise. I looked at the car, took the glovebox off to look under the dash. Grabbed 1 hose, gave it a wiggle, put the glovebox back on and went for a drive. I dont know how, or why, but all of the rattles and noises fixed themselves. I mean, sure, the dashbox rattle fixed is what i was after, but the gearstick AND engine noises? HA. If it ever starts blowing smoke ill have to try this method again. Possibly fix the entire car by just kicking a tyre. Huhuh.

cisco

» CMF Member
Ha yes that's awesome :)

Yes wallet seemed already quite slippery, no chance now.
That's why I threw it out, definately need another one :)

Back