A few updated pics

cisco

» CMF Member
Thought I would just show some of the work I've been busy with over the past months. These are only very quick, poorly taken photos, as things are still not finished.

Excuse the small quality/size, but when everything is 100% done, I'll make up a big page album with photos of EVERYTHING..

Attachments

• 12393.jpg
    12393.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 29

cisco

» CMF Member
This is the proper cover/surround bit now insalled around the Japanese cup holder.

Finishes it off. Loving this thing.. Thanks to my friend Hiro san in Japan who sent it over.

Attachments

• 12394.jpg
    12394.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 33

cisco

» CMF Member
Engine damper all installed..

Note the front of the big plate mount has been grinded smoothly to be less obtrusive, this is so my still-to-come new air filter will fit.

Attachments

• 12395.jpg
    12395.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 26

cisco

» CMF Member
Here's an updated pic of the interior since I've made a few improvements:
- New head unit
- Tweeters in the door pods not visible
- Sparco pedals
- Factory steering wheel so my head doesn't smash into a rock hard aftermarket one.
- Japanese cup holder
- Anti-slip mat on the top
- Silver satin surround around the gauges
- B-Crews sticker!
- Left-most grey coloured demister-look-alike button there is the HIGH/LOW boost controller that all works.
- Gauges all installed. Mixture and boost.

Happy with the interior now. It needed some serious jazzing up, but now is pretty nice and smooth without being overjabbed I think. Only thing one day would be some sweet lightweight racing seats.

Attachments

• 12396.jpg
    12396.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 28

cisco

» CMF Member
New black MTEC titanium wipers.

These are "lush" as the lads/blokes would say.

Attachments

• 12397.jpg
    12397.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 32

cisco

» CMF Member
New manifold, coated in black HPC.

Really happy with this manifold. Positions the turbo very well, all my pipework is 100% sorted now. All smoother, direct nice efficient piping.

Attachments

• 12398.jpg
    12398.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 28

cisco

» CMF Member
This is the new T28BB turbo in place with the manifold and double dump pipe.

Sorry, I don't have a better picture of the compressor yet.. Might go try to take one in a sec..

Attachments

• 12400.jpg
    12400.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 26

cisco

» CMF Member
This is an overall shot of the engine bay..

Can just see
- new intercooler
- battery has been removed and intake pipework runs straight through where the battery used to sit, which means a nice direct path.
- Air filter and pipe still missing, getting that sorted ASAP. Need a smooth little mandrel bent thing made up to suit.
- The turbo sits in a really really good position now.
The dump pipe clears the radiator very well, all runners of the manifold, bend back the right way to be inline directly when they meet at the junction where it goes into the turbo, the double dump quickly enlarges into 3" heaps earlier than the last dump. Wastegate actuator nicely located on the top, very easy to access which is great.
- So easy to see and adjust your clutch cable now also with that battery gone.

Attachments

• 12401.jpg
    12401.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 29

cisco

» CMF Member
They also made up a custom brace to support the turbo, so that takes all the weight off the manifold. Looks really good, I'll try to get a pic one time.

cisco

» CMF Member
Here's a couple of shots of that lovely T28BB compressor:

Air filter and pipe still to come.

Attachments

• 12407.jpg
    12407.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 40

CMF_sukoo

» CMF Member
yo cisco
i got a couple of tin to ask you
your fuel rail seem different is it custom make?
how much u do it for?
wat the injector u using?
i also very wish to get the engine damper u having
possible to tell how much u get it for?
thank

Attachments

• 13700.jpg
    13700.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 31

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah its MOTEC fuel rail stuff, you can buy it in bulk, performance places have big lengths of it, just cut the required length off and drill in the correct spacing and weld on some alloy tabs for the mounts. Pretty cool.

The injectors are from a 3lt turbo 1989 model Super, 440cc/min - quite big. From my last tune recently, Ben said that they are too large to be able to tune the idle properly, so my idle is running a bit rich. And they are only using about 60% duty cycle at full boost at present.

So 440cc/min is a bit too big unless you want to make somewhere around 200kw@wheels I'd say. So one time down the track, I might be bothered to change them for some smaller say 370cc/min injectors to fit this rail, and then I can have a well tuned idle. Probably put on a malpassi adjustable regulator at the same time.

Attachments

• 13703.jpg
    13703.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 30

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Cisco

A rising rate regulator would be a hell of a lot better with smaller injectors than just an adjustable one!

*sigh* I miss having rich idle!

Seano

Attachments

• 13707.jpg
    13707.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 25

cisco

» CMF Member
Err sorry that's what I meant 'eh :) Yep agreed.

Attachments

• 13708.jpg
    13708.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 25

CMF_sukoo

» CMF Member
yo cisco possible to get another set of custom fuel rail?
i trying to use a ga16 injector but the size seem different from the normal cg10/13 rail
the ga16 injector are similar to the size of sr20det use in s13
thank

CMF_discopotato03

» CMF Member
Hi Cisco , would it be possible to have the numbers off the Turbos bearing housing ID tag please . Turbos are my interest and I can identify its cartridge and wheels from its number . Being a GT28BB its cartridge number should be along the lines of 446179-50xx .

I mentioned in the forced forum that I would use a GT2854R if I go down that road .

Thanks for the informative posts and pics .

Cheers Adrian .

Attachments

• 15688.gif
    15688.gif
    27.2 KB · Views: 34
Back