A Few K11 Service Q's...Plugs & Fuel Filter

As a few of you might know I got my G/F a 1.0 L K11 (1994) Its got 68K on the clock and runs really well. The only thing is I dont think its been serviced in the last few years (the oil is blacker than black).

Got it booked in to national tyres for an oil change & filter £15 (cheaper than doing it myself)

What size plugs do I need and what should the gap be set at?

Alot of people say change the fuel filter, where is this situated? Is it hard to get to and how hard is it to change? How much is a fuel filter to buy?

Is there anything else easy to do while giving it this mini service?

Nissan quoted £10.47 + VAT for a fuel filter.
Is this just a filter service?
Check air filter, PCV filter (under air filter, got to get this from nissan) Check coolant condition. Check other things which escape me at the mo.

Fuel filter is a metal can object, on rhs of engine bay bulkhead as you look into it. Easy to change. Depressurise fuel system, undo clips, insert new filter, redo clips, start up!

Buy a haynes manual, got everything in!

Make suure that they actually change the filter - try marking the top side (out of view) with a pen or somehting so tht you can identify it - I've heard many tales of garages just changing the oil and leaving the same filter on.

garages on to the pen marking with marker pens and felt tips they use a thinners soaked rag to clean and remove any old oil and grime that falls onto the filter it then looks brand new and your pen mark gone.....better putting some dents in it.....if you can but dont puncture it.

Well got a bit of a bargin last night £15 for oil and filter ( they did replace it i was under the car when he did it) and they used fully synth 10-40 castrol oil.

Got some NGK plugs which i will put in later. Will the gap in these be ready set?

Not to sure on tackling the fuel filter yet

Back