A Decent Wash On/Wash Off

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Hi guys,

I need to clean my car for tomorrow, I was going to Turtle Zip Wax it, then wax it after.
But as I learned last year, a 100mile trip makes it dirty again.

So I'm going to skip the wax.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good all-in-one shampoo/wax that is wash on wash off?

Try one of the waterless wash and waxes so you can clean it when you reach your destination. Scott. Only one I have used is the greased lightning showroom shine, pretty pricey but works amazingly well :)

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I settled for Meguiar's Wash and Wax and a Meguiar's Water Magnet.

The wash and wax smelled really nice and foamed up well. Very little was needed, the result was okay, not mega shiny but what can you expect from a quick sponge over?
Worth the £14? No. Turtle Zip Wax was £3.99 and gave practically the same result.

The Water Magnet was surprisingly good! Soaked up all remaining moisture from the bodywork and left a streak free shine with little effort and didn't need wringing out once. Far better than any chamois I have ever used.
Worth the £13? Yes :) Though I'm sure there's cheaper alternatives that are just as good.

wWY3POH.jpg

Me and my mate are washing mine tomorrow when we arrive Scott, and we will be using auto finesse products. :) these are expensive, even the buckets we are using are £50. :rolleyes:

But what I use is mostly meguiars, mid priced I would say. But definitely does tho job. Recommend there quick mist detail spray. I also use the meguiars 3 step cleaning, polish and wax.

As for shampoo I use muc-off, it's in a clear bottle with pink solution.

Mine was shiny but it's since rained and now it's meh. I'm not cleaning it again today or tomorrow

I'm sure my 59p 10L bucket holds fluid just as well as the 50quid ones B-)

That's what I thought. Lol buckets hold water. But my friend is very much into his detailing. He can feel free to use it all on mine :D

I blasted mine with some of that demon shine snow foam then washed it with Megs NXT shampoo the other day that my mate had, came out alright! just always need to follow it up with a detail spray or something else it doesnt really last..

All ive got tomorrow is some Mr Muscle window cleaner and that demon shine spray on pink stuff :(

I love poverty!!!!!!

Back