• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

94 K11 5d-flame red!

I have had a 1.0L 5d for over 18 months and I loved every minute of owning it!

My previous car a French turbo diesel estate aquired some oil in its water and the cost of keeping it all together became too much. The basic design was fine, but the materials poor and it aged badly. So when I attending the funeral of a friends dad I spied a red japanese car left on the drive and I took the plunge.

I fought off buyers for the Peugot who were not worried about oil in the water such is the reputation (before rot sets in) and a full service history, and bought the micra almost unseen for £300 minus any costs for putting it through the mot. Two wiper blades and a bulb later it had an mot and I no longer worried about finding parking spaces.

The little micra with 78k miles had just been serviced and had a new clutch too. It had a few bumps and bruises but it went well and felt tight. I got it up to ninty on the journey home so if you revved it, speed was there. I could have bought a brand new car, but not working prompted me to go down this road. I am not the usual micra owner being neither a pensioner, a woman, or a young man worried about insurance premiums and street cred. I am 50 and into motorbikes. Unless you have driven a seven, 911 or such like you know nothing of real speed or acceleration........but there lies the attraction as these penis extensions have no place in the real world as you cannot use the power unless on a racetrack. Having fun at slower speeds is where its all at, keeping your licience intact too.

This is all a history lesson now as a lot has happened over the last 18 months, but its to tell a story and perhaps explain why a Micra can be such fun. :grinning:

Back