60/40 split SLX rear seats in LX series one

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
Hi all, as the title says, i just installed the 60/40 split rear seats from a 4 door slx into my series one LX 2 door. as you probably know, in the series one lx, the whole backing of the rear seat folds down, and doesnt fold down flat. i noticed i really wanted the 60/40 split seats when i went fishing with 2 other people. in the old setup i couldnt take the fishing rods without folding down the seat. if i folded down the seat, i couldnt seat that extra person. anyway, if you wish to do this conversion half of it is bolt in and the remaining half needs some drilling (where the bottom of the seat hinges). but its not a big problem. now the seats fold 100% flat, offering a much larger cargo floor area than the old lx setup. if anyone would like any details as to how to install, please feel free to drop me an email.

CMF_mrh

» CMF Member
hey there,
yeah thats what i want to do with my car.
just a pain in the but having a full seat that folds down.
very limited to do things with.
soon i should have time to take on this task.
have a good one

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
And don't forget that if you're also taking the seat bottoms (which require drilling into the car to install properly) you need to get the metal bracket thing which is underneath the seat belt clips on the SLX. IT has a little metal tab which works to hold the folding seats down!

Additionally if you want to use the new little seat belt clip holders which come on the SLX seats you'll have to intall the longer SLX seat belt clips.

This should be added to the factory bolt ons section of this website as it is very handy information to know for the LX owners in australia!

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
That good to know it fits up, dad likes my seat bottoms which fold up, his always saying he shoudl get set and put them in :p. Fishing hey, you go after anything specific? might have to organise a day out on the water :p

Alex

Back