53 Plate Bootswitch

Hi All
The wife came home tonight saying she is unable to open the boot of her micra its a 1.0L E on a 53 plate. On looking at the car the electrical switch to open the boot is not making the connection, the only way i can get open the boot is to remove the plastic cover on the inside, disconnect the switch and when i reconnect it it operates the switch.

Anybody any ideas with regards to this there seems to no damp around the switch or control box.

All help appreciated

Paul

i am not entirely sure whether this is true but there was a recall from nissan for faulty boot switches, the dealer maybe able to fix this problem for you for free. do give them a call before you head down to your nearest dealer though.

my boot switch can sometimes be a bit temperamental like that as well, it works 90% of the time. it usually correct itself after a couple of minutes.

my mams was like this but we found out that the wires that run down the D post had snapped and we tried two locks and there was a re call adam its the board that is inside gets damp and the points break stupid cheep french parts

Ring your local Nissan dealer and get them to check your VIN number as there was a recall on the boot switch. They'll be able to tell you whether a) yours falls in the category based on VIN and b) whether its already been done.

Had the same problem with mine.

Back