50 to 55 mpg on micra 1.4 k11

i get 35mpg out ov my 1.0l micra bout 50 - 60 miles to £10

its got kandN straight threw exhaust from manifold to back box and fuel pressure regulator

mine seems to be getting worse, mind you its good on A and B roads but as soon as i get on a motorway and cruise at slightly higher speeds it just drinks the petrol!

i had a splitter on it and it would give me only 35 mpg and then my mate goes take the splitter off and now it give me 50 to 55 mpg i'm happy with that

I'm sorry but that is BS! You do not gain 20mpg from removing a splitter!!!
if you think that good for you i'm happy it gives me that

I don't think it mate I know it! Something else as changed to gain you that 20 mpg. removing a splitter might get you 2 mpg!

I can't say I'm that happy with my MPG - only ~230 miles on a tank (£30) compared to about 300 for my K10. However that is a combination of urban and motorway driving and I do have a lead foot :rolleyes:

BG

The most I have achieved from my 1.3GX was 414.7miles to a tank, (reserve light just came on), averaging 51.2mpg and in order to achieve that kind of economy I was driving very sedately, maximum motorway speeds of 60mph indicated, but usually sat at 56mph.......VERY mild acceleration, lots of defensive driving to avoid turning fuel into heat.

Usual economy is around 45mpg.

The car is standard factory spec.

Yes i'd be interested to know if you have actually brimed the tank then done some mileage to get that figure mohammed or if you are just guessing from the fuel guage.

......it looks that way. The only way to really be accurate is to use calibrated equipment to measure the actual fuel consumed over a measured distance.

I tend to average it over multiple fillups in order to level the results, which tend to be within 2mpg of each other, as driving style and speed changes between drives depending on the type of journey, (urban or motorway).

My dad managed to get 407miles to a tank before needing to fillup once and I simply didn't believe it, so went out and tried it myself and made it to about the same mileage before the reserve light came on, so ended up at just under 415miles to a tank before reaching the garage. I filled it right up, till I couldn't get any more in the tank and could only get 36.8litres in the car, (don't know the price but it's irrelevant). There is a ceiling, as there will always have to be some fuel in the tank, but I expect one could probably push 430-440miles before it started to miss on braking/cornering but I would not like to be stranded.

There is one thing to note though, reserve lights, (when fitted), come on at wildly different times. I don't know how much fuel would be left in the 42L tank before the pump would run dry, but when I drained my SuperS tank to remove it when I re-built the rear suspension last year, we ran it until the reserve light came on and then drained the tank into an old graduated beer still and found that there was still 15litres in the tank......which seems to explain that, by the time I make it to a garage when the light comes on, the most I can ever get in the car is about 28litres, as opposed to around 36 from my GX.

Anyhoo, that aside, getting that kind of fuel economy is very hard unless you drive like an OAP......trust me I did it for a whole week and it's was quite a challenge!! ;)

The fuel sensor (at least the one used for the low fuel warning light) appears to be nearer the back of the tank, since when the fuel level drops close to it the light comes on when going downhill and goes off again when going up. It would be handy to be able to recalibrate it though as even when filling up to the fuel cap, the needle only just touches the "full" mark on the gauge (and often doesn't even get that far!)

BG

I've just picked up a 1.3 K11 with 45k on the clock and have got around 45mpg averaged over 3 tanks, this is about 50% A-roads, 50% dual carriageways at (cough) 70mph.

Gareth

Back