4 pot calipers in 15" rims?

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Hi guys,

I'm planning to drop a set of 4 pot calipers ( considering btw a S15 or skyline) to the front of my ride. However I'm currently running on 15"x6.5" rims. Do I need a 15"x7" rims to clear the calipers?

What is the max rotor size for a 15" rims with calipers?

Will I have any problem getting the calipers to fit? Anyone done the conversion before?

Helpful advise appreciated ;)

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Under what circumstances are you needing such insane brakes for such a small/light car? Are AD22VF's (GTi-R/N14 SR20) insufficient? If you have a LOT of power and only use it for track then maybe, just maybe would it be worth it, but I'd try everything that bolts on easiest before looking at that kind of setup that would inevitably require some dicking around with brackets/adapters I'd say..

---dens

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"Under what circumstances are you needing such insane brakes for such a small/light car? Are AD22VF's (GTi-R/N14 SR20) insufficient? If you have a LOT of power and only use it for track then maybe, just maybe would it be worth it, but I'd try everything that bolts on easiest before looking at that kind of setup that would inevitably require some dicking around with brackets/adapters I'd say..

---dens

im with dens.... i have the av22vf, seriously even they are heaps heaps heavier setup compare to standard. gave my car more oversteer... when the temperature and the conditions are right they brake shorter distance than my mate's Audi TT. i wound NEVER consider going anything more hardcore.

if you are doing it for looks or street credit just get brembo covers and drilled rotors off ebay, saw a customer had it yesterday. they look sexy man lol

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"Under what circumstances are you needing such insane brakes for such a small/light car? Are AD22VF's (GTi-R/N14 SR20) insufficient? If you have a LOT of power and only use it for track then maybe, just maybe would it be worth it, but I'd try everything that bolts on easiest before looking at that kind of setup that would inevitably require some dicking around with brackets/adapters I'd say..<BR><BR>---dens

Hi Dens,

The reason I'm not using the AD22VF brakes is I can't find it here over in Singapore. We do not have much GTi-R running around or scraped. Silvia and skylines parts are easier to find here.... :(

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"and the 1 pot AD22VF,s displace enough brake fluid to give you a long pedal, 4 pots would need a bigger master cylinder for sure :eek:

Hi Frank,

My car is currently running on CG13 master brake cylinder. Is it sufficient?? May not try something as big as a skyline 4 pot. How about the S14/S15 ones??

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"deNs WROTE:<BR><BR>"Under what circumstances are you needing such insane brakes for such a small/light car? Are AD22VF's (GTi-R/N14 SR20) insufficient? If you have a LOT of power and only use it for track then maybe, just maybe would it be worth it, but I'd try everything that bolts on easiest before looking at that kind of setup that would inevitably require some dicking around with brackets/adapters I'd say..<BR><BR><BR><BR>---dens"</DIV><BR><BR>im with dens.... i have the av22vf, seriously even they are heaps heaps heavier setup compare to standard. gave my car more oversteer... when the temperature and the conditions are right they brake shorter distance than my mate's Audi TT. i wound NEVER consider going anything more hardcore.<BR><BR>if you are doing it for looks or street credit just get brembo covers and drilled rotors off ebay, saw a customer had it yesterday. they look sexy man lol<BR><BR><BR>

Hi Mycra,

I'm not a sucker for looks. Those Brembo covers is a total disgrace and I'm disgusted by the looks of it (Juz my own opinion... no offence). I'm not some wannabe... Want real stopping power as I'm planning to go ahead and turbo up my ride... ;)

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
Radiolite22 WROTE:

"mycra WROTE:

"deNs WROTE:

"Under what circumstances are you needing such insane brakes for such a small/light car? Are AD22VF's (GTi-R/N14 SR20) insufficient? If you have a LOT of power and only use it for track then maybe, just maybe would it be worth it, but I'd try everything that bolts on easiest before looking at that kind of setup that would inevitably require some dicking around with brackets/adapters I'd say..

---dens"</div>

im with dens.... i have the av22vf, seriously even they are heaps heaps heavier setup compare to standard. gave my car more oversteer... when the temperature and the conditions are right they brake shorter distance than my mate's Audi TT. i wound NEVER consider going anything more hardcore.

if you are doing it for looks or street credit just get brembo covers and drilled rotors off ebay, saw a customer had it yesterday. they look sexy man lol

"</div>

Hi Mycra,

I'm not a sucker for looks. Those Brembo covers is a total disgrace and I'm disgusted by the looks of it (Juz my own opinion... no offence). I'm not some wannabe... Want real stopping power as I'm planning to go ahead and turbo up my ride... ;)

i understand, glad to know you're for real. sorry if i set you off a little bit, I wasn't trying to have a go at you... just making a suggestion( surprisingly a lot of people are after these at work).

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
The NISMO K11 MARCH did have 2 piston calipers in the front(done for a reason). im pretty sure you will need a bracket made up for the skyline rears', and anything more than av22vf will need bigger booster.

also K11 don't have a dual wishbone setup, so if you are going bigger brakes... better to also strengthen the front(top/lower strut etc).

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Radiolite22 WROTE:
Hi Frank,

My car is currently running on CG13 master brake cylinder. Is it sufficient?? May not try something as big as a skyline 4 pot. How about the S14/S15 ones??

i,m not a fan of the AD22VF,s personally keith, too much bias to the front (ie understeer when braking into a wet corner), 53mm piston vs 48mm piston iirc, so not enough pedal throw safety margin , in the case of a worn wheel bearing, and waaay too heavy
AD18v,s are a handy upgrade if you are experiencing fade but you should be able to lock up the fronts on dry tarmac if your stockies are working ok

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"Radiolite22 WROTE:<BR><BR>"
mycra WROTE:<BR><BR><BR><BR>"
deNs WROTE:<BR><BR>"Under what circumstances are you needing such insane brakes for such a small/light car? Are AD22VF's (GTi-R/N14 SR20) insufficient? If you have a LOT of power and only use it for track then maybe, just maybe would it be worth it, but I'd try everything that bolts on easiest before looking at that kind of setup that would inevitably require some dicking around with brackets/adapters I'd say..<BR><BR><BR><BR>---dens"</DIV><BR><BR>im with dens.... i have the av22vf, seriously even they are heaps heaps heavier setup compare to standard. gave my car more oversteer... when the temperature and the conditions are right they brake shorter distance than my mate's Audi TT. i wound NEVER consider going anything more hardcore.<BR><BR>if you are doing it for looks or street credit just get brembo covers and drilled rotors off ebay, saw a customer had it yesterday. they look sexy man lol<BR><BR><BR>"</DIV><BR><BR><BR><BR>Hi Mycra,<BR><BR><BR><BR>I'm not a sucker for looks. Those Brembo covers is a total disgrace and I'm disgusted by the looks of it (Juz my own opinion... no offence). I'm not some wannabe... Want real stopping power as I'm planning to go ahead and turbo up my ride... ;)<BR><BR>"</DIV><BR><BR>i understand, glad to know you're for real. sorry if i set you off a little bit, I wasn't trying to have a go at you... just making a suggestion( surprisingly a lot of people are after these at work).

No worries Mate. ;)

Cheers

Back