200SX Brakes

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
Sorry if this is a dumb question,

but i have been offered a set of s14 200SX front calipers off my girlfriends dad,

would it be possible to fit these to my micra?

i know that pulsar calipers fit so would these?

thank you for your time,

Tom

hmmmm well i'm planning on up grading my discs anyway,

but as its only the calipers i canget hold of, but i dont really want to spend my money refurbing them, taking my car apart and find that they dont fit :(

where's frank....?

haha frank your like some kind of omnipresent spirit of the MSC :)

hmmmm i read that too,

not really very helpful lol i think that i'll ask Oz if i can take some pictures and post them up here and compare them to the ones in the pulsar and give Oz the item code and see what he says...

its not looking too hopeful is it?

still had no luck with this,

i am going to get some pics up of the calipers on sunday maybe...

thanks for your help guys

Pics are not good - I can lend you a set of 100nx disks if you want to test fit the set up but most likely will not work.

Try brakeparts.co.uk (or similar - an't quite remember the URL) and see if the disks are the same as pulsar GTi-R/Almera GTi as if so, you should have a decent chance of an easy conversion.

thanks craig,

but it was the calipers i was going to try and fit,

i'm so ignorant to mechanics would i also need the correct discs?

i swaer i heard they fit/can be made to somewhere :S...might have been on an almera gti or a gtir. so if they fit that they will fit a micra!

ok cool,

when i get some time i'll have a look and post on their forums and see what they say,

so if they were to fit an almera would that mean i could fit almera brakes behind 14"s on a micra?

yes all almera brakes fit a micra be it 1.4/1.6 ones, or the 2.0 GTIR ones...or you can get almera 1.4/1.6 brakes, or almera GTI ones. (same as the above but on a diffrent car ;) )

oh ok cool,

well i might have to go down that route if these wont fit,

i'll ask on the almera forums and see what they say,

cheers square pants

Even if you get the calipers to fit, which i dont think you will the discs wont fit as they are 4x114.3. doubt you would be able to use micra discs as they will be too small and 200sx are vented standard iirc.

thanks craig,

but it was the calipers i was going to try and fit,

i'm so ignorant to mechanics would i also need the correct discs?

You'll need the correct disks otherwise your car won't stop... Think of it like fitting tyres to wheels, if the wheels are too wide, then the tyre will not sit properly. If the wheels diameter is too small, then the tyres will fall off. Without the correct sized disks the brake pad will not bite properly and if the disks are too narrow, then you will not get good pressure on it.

You weren't hoping to use standard Micra disks were you?

oh ok,

no i wasnt planning on using the standard discs,

i'm stupid, not suicidal lol

ok, well i'll keep looking into it

Back