2 quick questions

I want to spray the headlights black like this
SDC11556.jpg

I just wanted to check tho it is legal isn't it ??
Also when I come back in a couple weeks from holiday I want to change the carpet but am having a bit of and issue with the back seat base i've tried yanking on it to get the clips to release but no luck could anyone tell me where I'm going wrong ~??

Spraying your lights like that isn't illegal (at least the coppers that pulled me a few days ago didn't say anything)

Do your rear seats fold?

awesome thanks guys I just didn't want to do it and then my mum drive it into and home from work on thursday (she works as civilian staff at the devon and cornwall headquaters) and get in trouble :)
and yeah the back part of the seats fold but the base doesn't move

Had that problem with my 1.0 gx, only thing I can suggest is take the front seats out, grip the rear of the base as tight as you can and rip that sucker out. Be warned it may not go back in afterwards

Right I will try this and just be prepared to repair it after i nearly did this ages ago (last august) when i bought the car as it was disgusting inside and was cleaning it all but I was scared to break it was unsure if there wasnt some bolts underneath couldn't understand why there would but but oh well.
Thanks karlj

Wait ignore that.....

iirc they're two "U" shaped tabs near the front of the base, one of mine pulled up really easily the other one took two of us to pull it, test it by pulling the front straight up from the middle it should either pop up or bend the base

aye, the U shaped tabs are held by a white clip, and inside the clip is a little pawl that snags into the U shape, you have to push that pawl back with a screwdriver for it to release :)

right okay then i think last time i tried pulling from the edges and it just bent might work from the middle I will have ago tomorrow
thanks again karl

Oh right so what bend the base at the side then get a screwdriver in there to open this tab ?? or have I missunderstood a little

mike-f said:
Oh right so what bend the base at the side then get a screwdriver in there to open this tab ?? or have I missunderstood a little

Pretty much, it's hard to explain when you're not looking at it (I checked to see if my SS has the option but they didn't bother putting it in)

okay then I will have a look tomorrow If i get stuck confused or angry I'll be asking more advice hahaha cheers guys can't wait for the nasty grey dirty carpet to go and be replaced with nice back carpet

For the seats to take em out I just yanked them up and out...
Got pulled by the police, they weren't impressed I had no interior but said it was a grey area and I just popped them literally back into the two sockets :)

But good Q with the lights, I'm not sure what to do me mine yet o_O

yeah I really like how the lights look like that and I think it will finish off how the front looks with the black grille and badges but I can't deal with getting pulled myself all the time or have my mother get in the poo while im in lanzarotte haha

Just paint the edges (not the reflective bowls) that's what myself and others have done, I got pulled for doing something completely retarded

Ignored a Police road closed sign and drove past the traffic car which had its blues on. It was 20 past 11 at night, I was on my way to work and in a world of my own. It's safe to say I'm in no rush to do it again and thanks to one of them not being a complete cock I know a new route if it happens again

haha yeah doesn't sound ideal haha oh well stuff happens. better than not doing anything wrong going and getting in your car to drive 2 mins home and getting pulled because there had be reports of 2 guys trying to break into cars safe to say the officer that pulled me felt like a bit of a t**t haha especially when pulled away to go 10m and park haha

well i sprayed one light black only i messed up not realising that the chrome was so fragile and my masking ripped all the chrome off so i went to B&Q quickly and picked up a tiny can of chrome paint and plan on redoing the bowls tomorrow so its all legal :D as for the seats didn't around to doing anything on them so its a job for tomorrow.
also i got the passenger light off peice of p**s but the drivers one the top nut seems to have broken the captive part of the bolt so the whole stud is turning any ideas on getting this off ??

you may have a problem swapping the indicator bulbs as the clear glass bulbs have the pins opposite one another where as the orange bulbs have there pins offset so they aren't interchangable

Back