immobiliser problem???

well some stupid idiots tried to rob my little Brum...
(1996 k11 with NATS)

so i had no window seals (sorted that out)
they smashed the plastic under the steering wheel,
mucked about with the wiring..
and left me with a big problem.

the god damn orange light.

After being towed home on the back of a skoda (how embarrasing)
i managed to get it to a garage... the bloke had a fiddle with the wiring, didnt charge me, and it was fine for a few weeks.

Then it went again. took it back to him, he did the same...
Until i put the petrol in.
orange light flashing at me up the garage, a call to the neighbour and the trusty skoda.

so, back to the garage. bloke plugged a diagnostic thingy in, nothing came up... he kept my poor little car in overnight, and rang me with a £100 bill the next day for 2 hours labour. said he had soldered the chip in the ignition barrel or something,.

car working fine, no orange light... one month later...
it flashes!!! so i took to carrying two keys around with me. (both original)
seemed if u took one out, then tried straight away with the other, it worked.. for a while.

So off i go to Butlins on friday, car starts fine. go to come home... flashing light.
took half an hour of trying to start, (4 decent revs and it died) then eventually, it started withy the light flashing, i took the chance and started making my way home... with the light flashing. stopped for petrol, another half hour to start it. light still flashing.

its ruining my life,. i know its the immobiliser, but if the chips been fixed, i cant understand why it wont work... or even why it works sometimes..
i dont really want to take it to a main dealer, far too expensive.. nor do i want rid,. it goes like a dream... when it starts.

any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

you could try taping one of the keys as close to the transponder as you can maybe ? (the little black box attached to the ignition barrel)

Back