160SR or Colt CZT??

j.a.kelly

Ex. Club Member
Some of u know im sellin my Bora TDi. I was gonna get a Celica190 but they aint very practical really, and i seriously fear its gonna burn a large hole in my pocket in fuel bills coz all the power is at and above 6000rpm...when the lift kicks in...

so im lookin at two hatchbacks... not very fair to compare them i dont think, but im torn between the two. both cost the same for a 12month old one, £8000-£9000ish.

first up is the Colt CZT which boasts 150bhp from a 1.5 Turbo lump and the Micra 160SR as we all know about!! only majordifference really being insurance, bout £350 difference for me!!

HELP!!!!!! lol

JK

You should consider the skoda fabia VRS 130bhp as standard but with a chip you should get about 170-190bhp. I test drove one as was very suprised as how good it was. It has a much larger boot than both the micra 160 and the colt.

my cousin has a 1.3 colt it sits too high n imo is quite ugly (i know suspension should b better on the czt but its same chassis still)
the 160sr might not b quick enough outta box 4 u as i feel u want abit of power in your cars (but want to save fuel how does that work btw lol jk)
but i do agree with master biker tho on the skoda ignore the badge n name n u got a decent car u b surprized how well they do but nobody believe you cuz its a skoda lol

0-60 in about 8, group 6 insurance,good mpg,holds the road very well

im not 100% but youl probly find the 160sr will have alot more bits n bobs for your money

all valid feedbacks as usual...have looked at fabia vrs, and the seat ibiza 130, as i already have the chip from my bora. the thing is its like my bora...diesels feel pretty quick, but reality a petrol revs better.

not completely gone off the idea tho...do love my TDI!!

RIK: i somehow guessed u may be impartial to the 160 lol, but it is such a good car...my only annoyance is that i keep seeing ones which are badged as 'sports' the 160 should be more distinguished imo.

JK

hav you compaird them like for like with things like leather seats and air con,,i think you will get more car for your money with the micra

Hi mate,

The Celica shouldn't be too bad on fuel. On my GTR, the fuel economy is quite good for a 2 litre car... but as you say the power is high up. Mine has the Toyota 'ICIS' system, which controls an extra flap once above 5100rpm... and once that kicks in the car takes off. :D

Seriously though... I would reconsider the celica. The colt is hardly going to be much better, because soon you'll want more boost... and once you turn that up... ;)

-Elliot

a friend as just been given a colt as a courtesy car, its only the 1.1 3cylinder 12valve but its very very nippy for what it is, colts do sit high ive noticed that myself but the handling is supposed to be good.

as for the skoda vrs, ive only heard good things about them, after all they are part of the volkswagon group like audi and seat, also ive heard that the seat leon tdi sport are good, 0-60 in 7.2, for a diesel is fairly quick

now considering an Ibiza 130. then when i add my chip to that its likely to be around 160/170. (same as Cupra!) the thought wave comes after last night when i gave my bora some stick for a few hours...and still managed to return 44mpg haha.

its gotta be a diesel now...so its lookin like the ibiza winning...same price as the Skoda, but better resale value! thanks for all ya replies guys...keep ya all posted

JK

Yeah better the Ibiza than the leon, as the leon has a fat behind, tho if you need a large boot it would be the leon you would need.

trust me the skoda wont return that when you boot it. Paul Birket who used to be on here got one after his micra.... He managed to get the real time MPG counter to 17MPG

Ian said:
He managed to get the real time MPG counter to 17MPG

"Real time"? As in an instant reading of the mpg? or do you mean a mpg over time? I could get the instant mpg reading for my 1.2 K12 to read 4mpg, but the real mpg for the avarage full tank of petrol would be about 34mpg. So if your friend is getting only 17mpg from a full tank of deisel there must be a hole in his tank! lol

masterbiker said:
"Real time"? As in an instant reading of the mpg? or do you mean a mpg over time? I could get the instant mpg reading for my 1.2 K12 to read 4mpg, but the real mpg for the avarage full tank of petrol would be about 34mpg. So if your friend is getting only 17mpg from a full tank of deisel there must be a hole in his tank! lol

34mpg on a k12?? you must have been giving it some stick.

I can only manage to get mine down to 37.8mpg. and i give it some stick and it never moves.

My 1.4 some how manages 43.6mpg....hmmmm

TBH there is no question in my mind about it. I would have the Colt.

I hate the K12's, they are horrible cars. Fair enough the 160Sr ain't that bad, but still would never have one.

nismo_k12 said:
34mpg on a k12?? you must have been giving it some stick.

I can only manage to get mine down to 37.8mpg. and i give it some stick and it never moves.

My 1.4 some how manages 43.6mpg....hmmmm

Opps thats from my mini, it was about 39-44mpg

Well its def gonna be an Ibiza next. I took the 130 out for a spin and its about as quick as mine is, and its only standard. for £400 i can get a remap to 175/180 with a proven rolling road. not bad, so im going with that

thanks for everyones input, it has been valuable and have considered all ma options!! plus the Ibiza is very cheap for me to insure for some reason (b4 the re-map) lol.

in the end i jus couldnt part from the VAG TDI club lol. too much power with low fuel bills, ya canny beat it really. Jus gotta wait for ma mate to come up wit money for my Bora now lol. zzzzzzz

JK

Back