What tyre sizes fit standard K12 16" alloys?

Assuming that all of the K12 16" alloys are the same by virtue of the 'smash your head against a wall' 185/50/16 standard fit tyres across the model ranges (N-tec, Acenta, Sport+, Tekna, Active Luxury etc) what other tyre sizes will fit these rims?

I believe that both 195/45/16 and 195/50/16 fit, but does anything else?

Would I be right in assuming that the 195/45/16 are closest match to the originals in terms of diameter?

For those that have fitted different size tyres to what Nissan recommend have you noticed any adverse effects in terms of performance, speedometer accuracy etc or any improvements in performance?

I've been looking at 195's and not only is there a much better choice than the 185's, but you can also get a good quality tyre quite a bit cheaper on 195's.

I have a spare set of (4) Alloys for My sport+
...So i have a spare pair with 185/50/16's and a pair (I'd put on the back) with 195/45/16 as it should be the same rolling radius
...you could get away with 195/50/16 shouldn't be too much larger...
...probably a good idea to have a chat with a local tyre place about safety...stuff
...wouldn't want your tyres to foul on your arches after all :p

Can't say anything about changes in feel or performance as i haven't fitted them (the 195's) yet
...but you're right about them being cheaper...and easier to get hold of
According to my local tyre centre the standard 185/50/r16 they come with is a really awkward one LOL

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Kuhmo Ecstas and Toyo Proxes T1-R are pretty common for the 185/50 16 size :).