15's to 14's

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
right i got 15's on at the mo, but was thinking that the 14's would be better as they will be lighter.

am i right in thinking this will aid acceleration/braking. or is it not worth the 1" drop and the smaller tyre width for the gains provided? the 195 tyre will give better grip compared to a 185 that a 14 would have?

i got my 13's still but they ain't big enough to go over the sunny brakes..hence 14's

any ideas peeps :)

RE: RE: 15's to 14's

Big_ben said:
stay 15"s, not worth it, the difference wont be that noticeable

I'd agree. I noticed the difference dropping from 16's to 15's, tried some 14's, but handled the same as 15's

i went from 14"s to 16"s, down to 13"s and then back to 16"s. To be honest, the only notice was from 14-16", and 16-13", couldnt really notice the diff between 14 and 13 except a lot mroe wheel spinngin

RE: RE: 15's to 14's

James said:
Soon my 14's will have 195/45/14 Toyo Proxies on them, I'll let you know how they feel when I get them :)

Like any tight fitting rubber I guess :laugh:

Attachments

• 23-06-05_0029.jpg
    23-06-05_0029.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 236
SR_Micra_Boy said:
Stick with 15's mate, look lurvely and have no real effect on performance.

yea - i'd say the same, not much point in changing unless you as low as i'm trying to go!

nah not going lower, just thinking about every aspect at making the car accelerate qucker. :) still got a lot more crap to strip out of the car so that should help

:)

loose some rotational mass and gain some speed :D...meand richie seen a set of 13 inch ones once... they were so light it was unbelivable. Plus they look cool :)

Dr Zoidberg said:
Ian said:
loose some rotational mass and gain some speed :D

that was the plan mate :D

will the orig k11 brakes be enough is what i'm thinking?

:)

yes mate if you take them to somewhere and have them drilled...plus add some green stuff pads. You may go through a set of pads in a year, but you stop very nice :)

Ian

edit: another thing. You may be better off sticking with 15 inch wheels here, because the rubber seems to be heavier then the wheel. So with larger wheels and less rubber on a 15 inch wheel it could be slightly lighter then a 14 inch wheel. I bet if you emailed them and enquired just explaining your after the smallest rotational mass they will be happy to help :)

Back