100NX 1.6 discs on K11 - Problem

Hi,

I've seen a lot of threads where people put 100nx b13 1.6 discs (and calipers) on k11 micra.

I'd like to do that on mine:
I've bought Nx 1.6 Mintex discs and i've got a problem, these discs are non hubcentric on micra hubs:

Micra hub: 59 mm
Nx discs: 61mm

How to do a good installation for these discs?

Should I drill my hubs to put 100nx discs centering bolts?

Thank you,

I hope you will understand my problem because my english is bad...

You need to pack out the hub centre with tape until the disc fits on without being loose. Aluminium tape is best as it doesn't go sticky when the brakes heat up. Also the wheel studs are slightly smaller diameter so I wrapped these on mine also. Once the disc is centred the wheel will hold it in place securely.

Unfortunately yes. You need very little though. I'm in the process of having some spigot rings made for mine as I hate the tape. Unless you have some rings made that's how it has to be done.

And what about drilling hubs for discs centering bolts?
Yes you could drill the hubs. There's most probably a couple of engineering holes in the discs already that would just need countersinking. Drill through those and tap into the hub. If not or if they're not in the right place you could clamp and drill new straight through.

100nx brakes are same as almera, I never used anything to centralise it. If it is a funny cb on 100nx, just use phase 1 N15 1.4 discs with the calipers.

I'm using GTIR discs on mine with 61mm bore.
without centering the disc before fitting the wheels, it used to unbalance my wheels n shake the steering alot and make the discs rub against the calipers.

I use to apply afew thin strips of duck tape around the hub to increase the dia from 59 - 61mm before fitting the wheels and it stopped the shaking.

now the disc might be centered & clamped into position by tight wheel nuts at first, but the problem with duck tape is its too soft n melts over time when the disc gets hot especially after several trackdays.
once the tape melts/deform and no longer able to support/keep the disc centered, the next time the wheel is removed, the unsupported disc simply shifts/drop down off-centre slightly and causes the wheel to shake.

I'm now trying Alu tape to see if it's more robust.

the best option is to have some custom spigot rings machined to fit the k11 hub/disc bore/alloy wheel bore but hesitate to think of the cost.
any machinists with a lathe who can guess the cost? enuo, h701?

if the disc doesn;t have a countersunk screw hole, a seperate countersunk hole can be roughly drilled through the disc/hub to keep the disc locked centered to the hub, like on modern cars, whenever the wheels removed but when a new disc is replaced and needs the same precise hole drilling, getting it accurate is abit tricky and may lead to shaking.

another option is to precisely measure the dia of the smooth stem bit of the hub stud, machine 4 new stud holes in the disc bout 45deg from the original holes so that the new tighter holes fit the studs with little/no play to keep the disc centered before fitting the wheel.

Like I said earlier I'm having some spigot rings made at a cost of £beer. If they're ok ill have more made for you guys. The lad at work is going to see if he can make them thin enough on his lathe. If not the other option is to make thicker ones and open up the discs.

To be honest though the car was a base model so where they came from originally could be anyone's guess. They may have been modified. Hey Ho.

Like I said earlier I'm having some spigot rings made at a cost of £beer. If they're ok ill have more made for you guys. The lad at work is going to see if he can make them thin enough on his lathe. If not the other option is to make thicker ones and open up the discs.

shweet I'd be interested in having some made for my pulsar discs and rota alloys cos replacing the old ducktape every so often to keep the wheel center & balanced is a PITA.

I once asked my local machinist bout making some thin 1mm thick spigots and he said it'd be too thin n crumble, hence I used tape as an easier cheap solution.

I've been having some recent issues with steering vibration and today I just replaced all the softened ducktape with new Alu tape and the vibrations now gone :)
http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-108#post-685732

shweet I'd be interested in having some made for my pulsar discs and rota alloys cos replacing the old ducktape every so often to keep the wheel center & balanced is a PITA.

I once asked my local machinist bout making some thin 1mm thick spigots and he said it'd be too thin n crumble, hence I used tape as an easier cheap solution.

I've been having some recent issues with steering vibration and today I just replaced all the softened ducktape with new Alu tape and the vibrations now gone :)
http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-108#post-685732
I use aluminium tape also. I put it round the studs as well. Just for a little extra support. The 1mm thick spigots may be an issue with regards manufacturing but my friend said he'd give it a go. Like I said though. If it can't be done at that thickness ill have thicker ones made and open up the disc bore which is easily done. I'll keep you informed.

Back