10,000 Mile service

Titch

Micra K11ng
Alright all - how we on this fine (not hungover) wet morning!?

Right - been about 10,000 miles since i did the engine conversion, so thunking its needing a service now. So what all do i need to do?

Oil Change (5ltr?)
Oil Filter
Fuel Filter (how do i do this one?)
Plugs
Leads

Anything else??
Titch :kungfu:

dont you mean a 100,000 thousand mile service?! Your car has done more than 10,000 miles hasnt it lol

if it is just a 10K service your car has done more so id change the fuel filer anyway just to be on the safe side, they are only a few quid anyway and are relativly simple to do, jus disconnect the two tubes and swap it over m8

Titch said:
Fuel Filter (how do i do this one?)

Titch :kungfu:

fuel filter has two pipes one at the top and one at the bottom, loosen the screws on the clips then pull off the pipes, may need pilers to pull off, then put the new one on

fuel will come out, so make sure you keep those open flames in your pocket....

if you read my old thread bout this, you'll get good idea...

take out fuse and turn car on till cuts out (may have to repeat til it wont start at all) then system is depressurised so you can change...

do it cos i didnt then my mate got dowsed in petrol lol...

once you take the screw links off top and bottom... piping is on quite stiff...
use mole grips on the ends, hold firm and actually twist filter left and right...

what state was your engine in when it went in, was it recon or just come out of another car, cos if it was recon then a 10,000 should be fine, but if it just come out of a another car then it would be worth while doing a full service (unless you have some history for the donor) just to be on the safe side, also the micra 1.0 and 1.3 engines take 3-3.5litres of oil (tho its best to put 3l then dip and top up) unless yours is a 1.6 which will probably take just under 4l.

what ever service you do if you look in the owners manual it has a list of all the service intervals, and all the fluid quantities,

strange you should mention it ive just done mine this mornin lol

think all your questions have been answered there mate, just make sure you get a decent plug socket grrrrrrrrrrr

Back