1.6l March on Ebay

tredder

it would break well imo
a budget respray would be about 250 quid but if you wanted the engine bay and door jams painted mint, you could triple that

only good for breaking rang him yesterday and he said it needed a vic check as it was an import, I said to him why a vic check and he said to get it registerd when i asked a mate of mine who imports jap motors he said he was pulling a fast one as imports have to be sva tested totally differant ball game sold now someone in norfolk bought it

only good for breaking rang him yesterday and he said it needed a vic check as it was an import, I said to him why a vic check and he said to get it registerd when i asked a mate of mine who imports jap motors he said he was pulling a fast one as imports have to be sva tested totally differant ball game sold now someone in norfolk bought it

Could you send me an email I would be interested to speak to you about VIC checks, fast ones and living in Norfolk
Email; [email protected]

VIC test is after your car has been written off, not imported!

I had to get my first red k10 VIC tested as it was a Cat d write off!!

VIC checks are done on CAT C write off's.

In there lies the problem, if the car was registered when bought into the country the details of the car MUST match those held by the DVLA or the car will be useless. I don't know if this is the case as there are no numberplates in any of the photos.

VOSA are very strict on VIC's and if the car is bought into a VIC and fails due to chassis numbers, engine numbers, paint colour etc being different from the stored records the car will be rejected. I was told by VOSA that you only get one go at a VIC, due to people often trying to pass cars off, which is what the VIC is there to combat against. Thankfully when my car was written off it was a Cat D, so didn't require one.

I didn't ask any questions due to too much uncertainty, but I hope for your sake that the engine change was done before the write off. Otherwise the engine numbers will be wrong and I wouldn't fancy having to fudge that one out.

when i rang him there was no mention what so ever of car been written off which is why i asked him if he was sure it was a vic check it needed the issue was sort of skirted past so we didnt bother even bidding.. I have bought a few cat c write offs and been through the vic check on each of them never had a problem. what i didnt fancy was trying to get one through that was half micra half sunny......the only thing I could come up with to do it cant be mentioned here and i wont.......only wish i had time to post on this yesterday but i had to go out..........if i were a member reading this that may have bought it i would swallow the neg feedback and dont pay him unless you intend to put all the parts on another micra that may be your only solution and option

when i rang him there was no mention what so ever of car been written off which is why i asked him if he was sure it was a vic check it needed the issue was sort of skirted past so we didnt bother even bidding.. I have bought a few cat c write offs and been through the vic check on each of them never had a problem. what i didnt fancy was trying to get one through that was half micra half sunny......the only thing I could come up with to do it cant be mentioned here and i wont.......only wish i had time to post on this yesterday but i had to go out..........if i were a member reading this that may have bought it i would swallow the neg feedback and dont pay him unless you intend to put all the parts on another micra that may be your only solution and option

I have number plate, ran an RAC check the car is a CAT C, listed as a 1235cc car, manufac date 1996, imported 2000 wrote off 2004. The future is not bright and its not orange! Ideas on a postcard to the above email address please.

The 1235cc thing is normal, my car comes up as a 1235cc 1.2 Super S on insurance databases and I am plagued with having to correct them EVERY time, so that's normal, but there lies the problem. The engine numbers definetely wont match the details stored by the DVLA as the engine change wasn't logged......dodgy! Getting the car through a VIC is not going to be easy, well not unless you can get it resprayed and happen to have the original engine laying around.

There's 3 options.
1. Try to get it through the VIC but that's not going to be easy.
2. Get it regardless and use it as a donor to convert another already registered and non written off K11 to a GA16.
3. Reject it through ebay due to misinformation, as there was no mention of if being a writeoff and I feel that would be a valid case to withdraw your bid.

Whatever you chose, good luck with it :)

I suppose you could use option 2 you know it runs so swaping looms and engine isint a massive task but i would take option 3 . ask yourself this! a vic check is only 36 quid or it was last year it may have gone up why when its peanuts to get done didnt he do it after all the work he put into it, and if you only get 1 bite of the cherry maybe he has allready taken the bite and it was all sour.

Glad i dodged that bullet:) i was talking to nex and after talking to the fella selling on msn i got lots more photos and even with it not needing a vic check the roof has a large rust patch and rusty hatch so me and nex agreed that 250 would be that max price to pay due to all the work that it needed doing and thats with out a vic check, imo i would not pay him and claim through ebay as false advertisement. i have these pics if you require them mate.

Back