1.6 throttle body and injectors

b47to

Ex. Club Member
im wanting to put 1.6 injectors and throttle body on my 1.0l micra

ive been told two different storys

1 it doesnt make any difference at all it just over fuels your car

2 it makes a big difference and its alot more responsive

so do i do it or not ?

on a 1.0 its not going to do it any good at all. the car will never ever breath good enough for you to need 1600 injectors.

the best upgrade you can do is 1.3 cams and a decent exhaust system. or even better a 1.3 engine

im wanting to put 1.6 injectors and throttle body on my 1.0l micra

ive been told two different storys

1 it doesnt make any difference at all it just over fuels your car

2 it makes a big difference and its alot more responsive

so do i do it or not ?

i doubt it would make any difference on a stock 1.0, mine gave a CO emission reading of 0.003 on the mot tho :cool:

tbh i dont realy want to be swapping engines as mine only done 68000 and i know its been looked after
i just want a fast 1.0 to stun people lol

i got told by raceworx when he had a 1.3 in his red micra (before he sr20'd it) that the ga16 TB and injectors made a diffrance..i dont think he said it was a big diffrance but it made a diffrances...and that was on near standard 1.3 with a cat back, and filter...

dont know what it would do to a 1.0, i carnt see it beeing a wroth while mod if it didnt give much gian to a 1.3.

realy, honestly now..... you need to buy a 1.3. the whole car though.

the 1.0 is soo slow to get it upto the same power as a 1.3 you will need to spend about £500. (full exhaust, cams fitted decent panel filter) and even then the torque wont be anywhere near.

you would be going from 55bhp to about 70bhp thats a 15bhp increase and a 1.3 with the same mods would go from 76bhp to around 90-95bhp.
its just not worth spending the money on a 1.0. save up and buy a 1300 super s or SR

Back