1.6 brakes, 13inch wheels

hughes_16v said:
ive heard a few times now that 1.6 brakes wont fit under 13inch wheels, is this correct?

don't know mate, but just out of interest why 13" wheels?

you can get the same diameter wheel on 14" with low pros... that way you don't loose any acceleration.

the 1.3 brakes, are a tight fit on the 13 inch wheels :) whats the diameter of the 1.6 disks?

NeX said:
don't know mate, but just out of interest why 13" wheels?

you can get the same diameter wheel on 14" with low pros... that way you don't loose any acceleration.

cause 13's look awesome :p ive always loved 13 inch alloys

sonic said:
are the 1.6 brake calipers the same as the 2.0 ones ?

i think so...

it goes:

1.0 - 1.3 brakes are the same and the smallest
1.4 i think there was a different size for the 1.4 sunny
1.6 - 2.0 the largest ones which i think are all the same too

don't quote me on it tho ;)

sonic said:
do the 1.6-2.0 calipers fit straight to the micra hub ? i.e. do the mounting holes match up ?

yep :D

just need 1 mm washers to space them out so they line up with the disk :D

2.0 brakes are bigger you need 14" wheels. both types fit in same way as 1.3 brakes. just need washer spacer.

goldstar0011 said:
Anyone know if 2L primera eGT calipers fit?

You can fit almost any brakes if you can make brackets for them.:upside:

GTiR calipers (also N15 Almera GTI calipers) are the AD22VF and will fit under SOME 14" alloy wheels, including the factory N14 GTi/GTi-R 14" alloy wheels.

Eventually cisco will have up on his site a brake caliper guide which I created. It has all the calipers and rotors put on other Nissans in australia which fit onto the micra. I'd imagine you lot would be able to get at least some use out of it as well.

just chuck ur spare wheel, and carry round a foot pump and some of that tyre gel pucture stuff lol

just to add my thoughts.....im pretty sure the 1.6 ones wont fit with 13"s because i put 13"s on my 1l when i sold it and i swear there was a fanny's hair between the caliper and rim and that was standard brakes

goldstar0011 said:
Anyone know if 2L primera eGT calipers fit?

na, primera wheels/brakes don't fit micra. almera/sunny will.

iirc craig said sunny 1.6 brakes fit under 13" steel rims, not sure though i'd go 14" that way theres a bit give

:)

Ben said:
just to add my thoughts.....im pretty sure the 1.6 ones wont fit with 13"s because i put 13"s on my 1l when i sold it and i swear there was a fanny's hair between the caliper and rim and that was standard brakes

thats what the 160sr standard front brakes are like

1.3 sunny brakes DO fit under 13" steels, have said it many times.
If you want any larger brakes (e.g. almera GTi) then you will need 14" minimum.
A 2mm spacer is needed however.

Craig said:
1.3 sunny brakes DO fit under 13" steels, have said it many times.
If you want any larger brakes (e.g. almera GTi) then you will need 14" minimum.
A 2mm spacer is needed however.

he was asking if 1.6 brakes fit with 13" wheels?

Back