1.5dci clutch judder

Hi All,

7500 miles in the micra (a 2009 1.5dci 25 anniversary 5 door) since purchase earlier this year. Daughter has passed her test, gone to uni and left me to drive the little thing - uses LOADS less diesel than my other car (a V250 mercedes) so I actually potter round in it quite a bit.

I have noticed on cold starts that there is quite severe 1st gear clutch judder which eases over 10 or so miles. I can see other reports on here but none fora k9k diesel.

Car is approaching 60k miles so I guess it could be clutch wear but I was wondering if there are other causes that are common to k12 or the dci drive train.

In other news I had to replace the wiper linkage arms as they stopped altogether and getting the wiper arms off required a hub puller!

Thanks
Tim

I had the same problem when car was put on the road, but has diappeared now after a long tour around Spain. I put it down to condensation inside the bell housing, is your dream machine stored in the open at night?:unsure:

Yes it is definitely worse now it is cold/damp. Car is outside of course (double garage too full of old crap..

Surely condensation would clear up almost immediately. I am more concerned that it is oil or just a sign that the clutch is on the way out and you feel this when the car is cold and the parts have not expanded...

I will try and see it the issue is the same when it is dry and cold (Assuming it is ever dry again)

Other option is to emigrate to Spain I guess

The Renault/Nissan 1.5 Diesel unit is very robust and does not require a lot a clutch slip to set off, therefore the chances of a clutch problem at your mileage is slim, I checked mine when rebuilding my engine in summer and it was in great shape for a 60K engine, with regards to condensation, this builds up on the friction plate and also the thrust mating plate causing it to judder when cold. If what you fear is an oil leak on the friction plate, then this problem would not go away when unit had warmed up, and under hard acceleration a worn clutch would show as the engine revs increasing without increasing the vehicle speed. I hope this explanation has helped to evaluate your problems.:unsure:

Back