1.4 question....

hi all i am having problems findind the right ecu for my sons car but i have ran into a 1.0 k11 all the same coils would i be able to place the ecu same fitment as the broken one on the car? would this work or would i need the 4 coils, ecu, nats and key?

just trying to fix this car cheap and dont mind to much about 1.4 - 1.0

kind regards chris

belly fitted a 1.4 engine to his 1.0 chris, then i think he tried a 1.4 ecu/nats antenna/key combo ? (should be in his k11 blog)

Though the 1.0 ecu will run the car ok. It's not great under heavy acceleration. It underfuels or at least feels like it does. I ran my 1.4 on one for a couple of weeks till I got fed up with it. You need to change the immu unit on the steering lock and swap the chip out of the key for the correct ecu. Also your radio if it's an original coded one won't come on and the central locking may not function. That was on my 2001.

A sunny non-nats ecu would work, as they run 1.4/1.6l engines eh, would need the ga tb and injectors though

The wiring is also different to the ecu so you would have to alter that also. Too much hassle in my opinion. I think I only paid £60 for my 1.4 ecu. Plug and play then.

Back