1.4 bargain coming up

G

GuyWood

Having just ordered my 160SR, I'm just letting you all know my K11 is, sadly, going to be appearing at auction soon.

I've no idea how long 160SRs take to come in but I'll let you all know at the time.

It's a 1.4 S with OMP strut brace, Spax springs, K&N and Sparco gear knob. It's got 98,000 on the clock but full service history and has just sailed it's MOT. It is fairly beat up inside and out with little dings cos it's had a hard life but it could well be a bargain, even if someone just wants the engine for example.

The car is being traded in in Stafford so will probably end up in the nearest auction :).

Oh, it's a Y plate, just turned 5.

Your better off removing all modified parts before the trade in as they will disapear before the auction. Also you can sell these for bit more spending money

ahhh if only it'd done a few less miles, otherwise id offer you to swap it for my 2001 1.0 (plus id give you some cash) and you could trade that in instead... but 98k is too much.. danm!

Sorry to be the fun killer but he's selling the car, until he states it's breaking can we all act grown up and not like vultures, looks rather de-grading

It's ok Goldstar, I'd probably do the same :). It's trade in so can't be bothered taking all the nice bits off. It's done 98,000 but has never put a foot wrong and it sailed the emissions test even though the engine warning light's been on for the last 50,000! They plugged it in at Nissan and it just said 'Catalyst' so with a new cat, it should be good for another 100,000 :D.

I traded it in for £700, so if someone snags it for a couple of hundred, they'll have some fun.

did it drive ok even with the engine light on? i thought with a catalyst fault it went into limp mode?

sorry to take this off-topic, just knowing this could help me out!

Absolutely no difference whatsoever. I've driven it for the last 50,000 with it on. So long as it passes the emissions test, I don't care :).

£700 ?? they saw you coming or is there something up with the car that reduces it value

A 1.4 5 door with 134k on the clock went for £2350 a few weeks back locally

rlees85 said:
ahhh ... but 98k is too much.. danm!

Listen mate, on a Frech or Italian car 98k is alot... on Japs however they are built to last and the 'general rule of thumb' when it comes to mileage just doesnt work. My 93 K11 has just turned over the 134k and the engine is still sweet, it still has just as much power as it should have and for a 1.0L its still a lovely little car!

Back