1.3 transplant

CMF_danarthurton

» CMF Member
i recently got an engine, gearbox and drive shafts from a 1.3 lx micra. what else do i need to make it work? does the engine come out form the top or bottom? is it eay from there?i have a 1L L micra atm. anyone got any tips?

CMF_spagatoni

» CMF Member
I'll be keeping the 1.0 ecu when i do my transplant, for now, cos of the nats issue.

When you say the mapping will be bad, do you mean that the engine will just run under potential, or will i encounter lots of frustrating problems?

CMF_danarthurton

» CMF Member
another question do the hubs from the 1litre fit on the 1.3 drive shafts?also is the shifter linkage and the mounts totally different to the 1 litre ones? wats is nats that everyone is goin on about wen talking about ecus? ta guys

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
The hubs will fit but the driveshafts are different.
The 1.3 CV joint has more splines and are thicker going to the gearbox, I think the hub side is the same but cant remember 100%, I used 1.3 hubs and driveshafts (complete)

The gearbox to chassis mounts are all different, the bolts on the rear (firewall) mount are different too.

Both the engine mounts are the same, the ones on the drivers side and front of the car.

The gear linkage bar is also beefier and bent differently, I used the whole unit from a 1.3.

NATS = Nissan Anti Theft System, its the immobiliser built into the ECU. Without the correct key you wont be able to start the car.

CMF_spagatoni

» CMF Member
yeah, the box is post 98. The clutch though, is a brand new standard 1.3. Don't know if its the light flywheel, but it now feels like i need a 6th gear!

My mechanical minded friends started talking about 'splitting the box'. The idea is to salvage a couple of the higher ratio gear cogs from a 1.3 box. The result (if possible) would be:

1st gear from 1.0
2nd from 1.0
3rd gear from 1.3
4th frm 1.3
5th frm something bigger or machined

or something like that!

is this possible?

Back