1.3 super s flat spot

CMF_thealchemyst

» CMF Member
hi forgive me if this has been asked a billion times but ive done a search and not found anything.
right had my micra for about 4-5 months now great fun little car but it has a very annoying very large flat spot between 2k and 3k rpm when i bought it it hadnt been serviced for a while so i put it down to this but it has recently had new air filter fuel filter pcv filter sparkplugs oil/filter change and belts plus its had the restrictive standard system replaced with a cat back janspeed system.
this has improved this quite alot and the car is very nippy for a 1.3 but it still has this big flat spot it whips up to 2krpm struggles up to 3krpm then flies round to the red line no problem. is this a characteristic of these engines or is there something im missing?
ive got new leads on the way and ill be putting a new dizzy cap and rotor arm on also,but i dont think thats the problem is it?
is this the dreaded throttle body issue ive read about?
any ideas/advice.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Resolder the AFM wiring, spray some electrical contact cleaner on the AFM hot wire.

You're on the right track with sorting out fueling/ignition to find the source of your issue.

Back