bye bye micra

babyboom

Ex. Club Member
well folks, i just joined the forum about a fortnight ago, i got some good plans for the car and then i go and write it off, lol

i'll get proper pics tomorrow

i took a wide corner about 60mph and i felt the back slide out then it spun, mounted the kerb and hit a lampost and electrical box

rofl

Attachments

• IMAGE_00006.jpg
    IMAGE_00006.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 286
  • IMAGE_00009.jpg
    IMAGE_00009.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 265
Ouch! Sorry to see this mate :(

Another Micra taken from us too early :(

Hope you're ok though. That's the main thing in these situations.

James

well apart from the car, im fine, my brother was with me, hes a little shaken, but ok

thanks for asking

Good to hear. I know it might be a bit early, but any plans for the future? Another Micra or something else?

James.

Mna - this has to be the year for death of the Micra, #### man we must of lost at least ten in Three months, and a few of the special ones! :(

Grant said:
sorry to here that mate. well at least your all ok. are you going to get another micra? you know you want to.

well grant, as much as i'd like to, i dunno, i'd need to see what the insurance pays out then see whats lying around

Sorry to hear about this, as much as it isn't a help since all these accidents I've been extra careful on road, it's so easy to crash, especially in this weather. Am glad again no one is hurt!

Best of luck with getting back on the road, micras are still the best about

ooo ooo ooo daytime pics and a pic of the scene, im pretty sure its a write off though lol

Attachments

• IMAGE_00011.jpg
    IMAGE_00011.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 215
  • IMAGE_00012.jpg
    IMAGE_00012.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 222
  • IMAGE_00014.jpg
    IMAGE_00014.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 194
  • crash.JPG
    crash.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 235
Arnold said:
Messy

Glad you're ok tho! thats the main thing

yeah tell me about it mate, thats new lights only 4 days ago, cv joints changed on saturday, new front tyres last weekend, new discs and pads about a fortnight ago and new wishbones in mid january :down:

thats defo a writeoff, look at my crash and mine was a write off...such a shame, i just hope your insurance will cover you because you where doing double the speed limit...

Shame that, i hope u manage to claim wthout any prob's, even tho u were bein a little naughty with speed!!!. Glad your ok tho.

Unlucky mate. It is definately a write off though. Look at the back wheel. Gpt to agree with others though, it was stupid doing 60 in a 30. Your very lucky anyway.

This is getting daft now. We should have someone keeping a record of all the Micra write-off's on here over the past 3 months.....(a Micra R.I.P memorial thread perhaps lol).

Seriously though, glad you and your bro are ok. Thats the main thing.

No excuse for speeding like that, but the weather usually plays a part in crashes in the winter. This time of year is pretty treacherous. Saw a 200SX do a 180 on ice at a roundabout in front of me the other night :eek:

Y'all take care now! ;)

unlucky!

probs not the best idea to be admitting to doing 60 in a 30 on a forum the police could easily read!

:k11green:

well folks its been a fortnight, but i finally got me another micra :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

picked up this 1998 k11 1.3 si from durham today for a grand, still not heard from the insurance about my old one but i keep annoying them every other day ;)

Attachments

• c3_1.jpg
    c3_1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 179
  • ea_1.jpg
    ea_1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 73_1.jpg
    73_1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 152
NeX said:
nice car mate, whats the plans for it ?

im putting all my old stuff onto it,

k&n air filter, stainless steel exhaust, breather filter, chrome door sills, cd player, sub, amp, new speakers on the parcel shelf (i think thats it)

but other than that i dunno just now

babyboom said:
im putting all my old stuff onto it,

k&n air filter, stainless steel exhaust, breather filter, chrome door sills, cd player, sub, amp, new speakers on the parcel shelf (i think thats it)

but other than that i dunno just now

cool, at least all those mods are free :)

Back