Eobd

Am I right in thinking that my X reg K11 is EOBD compliant? Sorry of this has been covered, just need to be reassured I won't be wasting my money.

Thanks Frank. I was pretty sure it was, just wanted to make sure before I bought a code reader.

np :grinning: the cheapo ones are,nt infallable tho, mine flagged up a duff crankshaft position sensor on a corsa this week, (nice little earn) but would,nt lock onto a peugeot system tho fwn

Got it today, worked fine. It gave me the code P0137 which is:
OXYGEN SENSOR CIRCUIT LOW VOLTAGE
(BANK 1 SENSOR 2)

Does anyone know whether this is most likely to be the lambda or the cat?

Ok, fitted the new lambda today. Still throwing the same error code. Anyone any ideas? Could it be a problem with the catalytic converter?

I've had a couple of symptoms that could be related to this problem, but I don't know. The car seemed to lose power at around 50 mph. Couldn't get it any higher in 5th, dropped it into 4th and it stayed the same. This has happened twice in the 6/7 months that I've had the car.

It also idles very poorly. It's fine when the engine is cold, but when it has warmed up, the whole car vibrates when idling and if I used the power steering or pressed the brake or both, the revs would drop and the car would stall. But it has never stalled.

Anyone any ideas? I suspected MAF sensor/throttlebody but the error code has thrown me off.

Back