gearbox

It should do. No reason why not. So should the 1.3 in theory.. Although I may even beable to try the 1.0 box as I have obth a dead engine and a box sitting about...

It should do. No reason why not. So should the 1.3 in theory.. Although I may even beable to try the 1.0 box as I have obth a dead engine and a box sitting about...

i thought the 1.3 wouldnt as u said the splines on the clutch were different to the k10. if what ive heard and 80bhp is about the limit on the box and what bob estimates i should be making next year i will need something

i would have thought if the bell housing doesnt fit the internals from the k11 would fit into the k10 housing? would be a bit of work but i know the k11 box is stronger im sure there have been a few 1.0 k11's with some decent power

Try it Ed, The 1 litre box is all yours if you want to try it! That gearbox was running fine as well.

i thought the 1.3 wouldnt as u said the splines on the clutch were different to the k10. if what ive heard and 80bhp is about the limit on the box and what bob estimates i should be making next year i will need something

All you would have to do is fit a k11 friction plate, or possibly a k11 clutch if it fits the k10 flywheel.

Well the march ST gearbox from what I hear fits the CG13, so on that basis the 1.0 and 1.3 would also fit the K10. I have said this for a while now :) I'll go and try it now.....

Ok I dont have a MA10 without a box attached and i cant be bothered to undo it, so I tried a ST box on the CG10. It fits perfectly. What I cannot tell you is if the starter will line up or not. I presume it will..

So people with K10s who keep blowing gearboxes a CG13 box may very well be an option (nice to know since I keep blowing the ST boxes and parts are hard to find..)

Its close, but I dont know to be exact. The K11s have a better quality linkage than the K10. But worse case it will just be a job to cut and move them. Its the drive shafts that may be slightly different. Cant say for sure.

any chance u can try it??
do u have anything lying around to test it
would be very handy for a fair few peeps on here tunning k10's

You could only tell by fitting the box on the car. There will probably need modifications for the gearbox mount for this however the others should be ok.

any chance u can try it??

That's quite a lot to ask and try. lol.

Ed if you do want to try it, the 1 Litre gearbox, flywheel, shafts etc are all yours. I got no use for them.

That also goes for anyone else who wants to try it, they're going down the scrap yard otherwise.

That's quite a lot to ask and try. lol.

Ed if you do want to try it, the 1 Litre gearbox, flywheel, shafts etc are all yours. I got no use for them.

That also goes for anyone else who wants to try it, they're going down the scrap yard otherwise.

only askin as if it fits and linkage lines up in an st it should on any k10. plus would give higer gearing and the added strength would be a very good mod

only askin as if it fits and linkage lines up in an st it should on any k10. plus would give higer gearing and the added strength would be a very good mod

That would mean Ed would have to remove his ST gearbox, fit the K11 one, try the gear linkage, if he got that far, he might as well try the drive shafts as well.

Quite a bit of effort really. lol.

If he does fancy doing it, he might as well do it on the red k10 he's got laying around.

ive been speaking to bob and the cg boxes dont fit the ma engine, What is the st running ed? as its been suggested im gonna need something unless i wanna change the box every other month.

i find it hard to believe that a CG will fit a MA exact, there totally diffrent bottom ends, totally diffrent engines, its like saying a SR20 gearbox wil lfit a CA18, if anyone know it will be the grass track boys as they have been messing about with these engines for years and they definatly would have found this mod out

Well I can tell you now that I picked up the ST box and every bolt lined up with the CG10 block. I dont find it amazing really as a bluebird 1.8 FWD box also has the same bolts, also they are all beased on the RS5F3xx gear set.

Hmm.. too bad I don't have a CG10 gearbox lying around here, cause I have a few MA10 engines out of the car here.
So anyone in Holland that has one and wants to give it a try, don't hesitate to pm me lol :D
Might be worth for me to check the local scrapyard for a k11 there with gearbox, but usually that ain't too cheap :/

But, logically from what I read, if the ST gearbox lines up exactly with the other MA engines and that one lined up perfectly on a CG10 then the CG10 gearbox would line up just nice on a MA engine :)

so in theory....you could have the 1.6 nissan sunny gearbox on you ST then ed?

200bhp and 5 speed gearing to the hilt

now this has me thinking........

you can get any gearbox to fit any engine if you have the time and patience. its just a case of know how.

there are lots of people in Australia who have fitted the Mazda KLZE 2.5 v6 to VW beetles using the beetle gearbox... they used a machined plate to adapt the two.

so in thory you could also have a 1.3 powered nissan 200sx..

or an ST powered skyline for that matter.

Well yeah, but then you are kinda going over the top here :) Given enough time and knowhow almost everything is possible :p

What most are looking for is a better gearbox which is an almost direct fit without too much hassle. Perhaps the CG10 gearbox is that, who knows...

you can get any box to fit any engine,like my mate had a plate made up so he could fit the vauxhall f20 box to his sr20 but at a cost of £1200.
25-Picture%20397.jpg

i may be wrong but i no somebody that tried to fit the cg13 box onto a
ma12 it does fit if but you need the cg13 flywheel to take the bigger clutch which he didn't try,but does the cg flywheel fit on the ma crank???
also the diff houseing is wider so you would have to shorten the drive shafts+make up new gearbox mounts...

so if the cg boxes almost fit take the cg internals from the cg box put them in the ma box....... i think that would work quite well tbh, prob have to keep the k10 diff

no i dont think that will work cg box is longer,lay shaft and other internals will be longer

if you fit the cg10 one,you will still have to make up new mounts gear lincage and shorten drive shafts.

what gearbox is on the ga16?? is it the same as the cg engine box

Back