K10 gearbox conversion

Hi there folks.

Although i've tried the search-option i can't find the info i need.
I'm planning to do a gearbox-swap on the K10.
Out with the old leaky 4-speed, and in with the new (well...fresh) 5-speed.

There are "rumours" that it would be a straight swap, and that even a K11 5-speed would be compatible. Can anyone confirm this? And does the K11 gearbox need the K10 bell-housing or is it a straight swap?

The K11 gearboxes are much more "findable" here in the Netherlands, so if it fits it would be great.
Planning is to fit the box with refreshned driveshafts, so i can have a reliable drivetrain.

Any reply's from you people would be greatly apreciated, because here in the Netherlands there is so little info about this wonderfull little vehicle.(Y)

Greetz,

Wout

only the early k11 gearboxes work, but i dont know if it is a straight swap, but i think so. all k10 boxes are a straight swap and if you are trained it takes only one hour ;)

Thanks for your reply!
Yeah, i heard that only pre-'98 boxes are compatible. There are loads of them over here, for 40-80 pounds.

that pin i showed you hugo is the same (horizontal) as my k11 one (so you just swap the fitting over eh)

attachment.php

the gearbox will be a straight fit, but you will need the drive shafts (not 100% sure but 99%), gear linkage, peddle box, clutch cable, i think the speedo pickup is different, need the flywheel, a clutch.

its a fairly easy swap IF you have all the bits, or ideally a donour car, and you know your way around the car and how to use a spanner.

Back