Is this possible

anythings possible with enough brains and money, if a 2 litre (sr20) turbo will fit then im sure a 1.4 will.

is it worth it?? i dont know thats up to you, depends on work really, nex mounts new shafts complete new wqiring loom etc. if your going to that trouble why not something bigger, say a 1.6 or a 2 litre?

tanx for the reply :)

I see ur point in goin bigger but i havent even started driving yet I only turned 17 and i got the sunny of a m8's boss because the body is rotten and not repairable so i have the engine and it has a new clutch,plugs,oil and oil filter and a new air filter and it has 73k miles and is runnig perfect as just a tought of putting it in my micra,,i had a very quick look and ders no huge difference in the 2 engine's cud be a simple fit compared to anything else like a pulsar or similar

Ive just put a 16 cg engine in out of a k11 micra, kept the k10 gearbox, shafts, and carb, just had to make a drivers side mount and an adapter plate for the inlet manifold and a custom exhaust manifold. You can get them in 1.3 and there 16 valve, whereas iirc the sunny 1.4 is 8 valve.

oh right ok, well i guess if you already have the engine and things why not, if you have the correct toold and skills go for it.

wats iirc mean???
and yea have the engine and every thing necessary to do the work but its only an idea/plan for the near future cud be 2011 before it goes ahead and the skills i hope i have :L i started workin with cars about 5 yeas ago and took me first engine out about 6 months ago and successfully done the head gasket and cam belt in my micra
im thinking about keeping the sunny engine and rebuild it for the learning experience and have it all clean and painted up for next year
mite do a test fit in the micra as i can clean up my engine bay while im at it :)

i tried to put the 1.4 sunny carb on the k10 inlet and i think it was too large for it
i also don't think the k10 manifold will fit :( give it a go though, i didn't try this it just looked like it didn't to me! :) don't know about the k10 dizzy though.

il give a go for sure i have a spare engine for my micra and all the parts for it so its just to take the sunny one off and try it have to get the engine from the sunny to my shed as its in a m8's garage so asap
il keep updated :)

got the sunny engine 2day :)
sunnyengine.jpg

inlet mani is completly different and the dizzy :(
any1 have an idea wat way i would wire the dizzy it has 4 wires on it unlike 2 on the k10

tout it my be an easy fit if the k10 mani and dizzy fit on less work lol ders alot more to the sunny carb need to have a proper look at it weather is holding me bak and skul den wen am bak 4rm skul its f***ing dark :( engine mounts do seem easy to work with :) need time and weather just

ok the mani and dizzy are complety different than the k10 and on the dizzy there is 4 wires unlike 2 on the k10
can any body help with that???

ok the mani and dizzy are complety different than the k10 and on the dizzy there is 4 wires unlike 2 on the k10
can any body help with that???

it,ll be electronic ignition, like the later k10,s probs, you need the later k10 wiring diag :)

mine is 1992 september late as possible is'nt it??
or do you have any idea where i could get the wiring diagram??
cheers!!

ok just had a look there and theres a plug for it to the coil, but thers still wires left snipped :( ,its to dark and cold out rite now il update tomorrow .
cheers!

ok ppl sorry no update, the weather here is just horrible at the moment, but can anybody tell me what the best thing is to use to clean an engine,
I want it lookin as clean as possible maby a spray of silver after :D

Just steam, you should pre-treat with a degreasing agent but you don't have to. You can rent a steam cleaner pretty cheap

that carb looks ecc controller from here, id steer clear of it, best theing to do would be to make an alu adapter plate to put the k10 carb on the 1.4 inlet. if the carb is ecc controlled then the dizzy will be no good, so then id look at fitting a k10 one, you may have to get an adapter plate and collar made for it tho.

have you got the gearbox too? are you going to see if the k10 gearbox will fit it?

superls,,
tbh im not familiar with ecc..i rely need to look into it more il get a pic of the mani on its own so you can see
and yea i have th gearbox off it its a 5speed unlike my k10
and the k10 looks a bit different any way

Do you think this will work ok??
I measured the difference between the sunny and micra manifold
there is a spacer between the micra carb and mani which I think could be fitted on the sunny carb wit some work or make a new flange to fit it
But would the micra carb give enough fuel and air for the 1.4 engine and if not would drilling out the petrol jets work??
and there is a place for water in both manifolds is dat just for the auto choke??
cheers:D!!
The sunny manifold
sunnymanifold.jpg

The micra manifold
micramanifold.jpg

The spacer and sunny mani
micraspacerandsunnymanifold.jpg

the difference is tiny theres only a few mm between the bolt holes
micraspacerandsunnymanifold1.jpg

Swap the sunny jets into the micra carb and use the micra carb. Drill the holes on the sunny manifold a bit bigger so they line up with the micra spacer then use a micra gasket and it should work nicely.

i wouldnt swap any jets just yet, just make the plate to fit the micra carb and get it up and running, ill have a look in the haynes tonight as i dont think the jets will be that much different

i wouldnt swap any jets just yet, just make the plate to fit the micra carb and get it up and running, ill have a look in the haynes tonight as i dont think the jets will be that much different

Yeah im in no rush im just gonna take my time and do it rite
Yeah plz do have a look I rely appreciate it m8 tanx

If you really want to do it right you should fill the original holes with a welder or an oxytorch and sticks of ally then re-drill and tap the carb mounting holes.

Sorry for no update for the last while I have made no progress as I have my leaving cert mock exams in February and am very caught up with school il have a plate made for the carb hopefully before march

Back